Lynden Logistics, is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated person who takes pride in finding solutions to problems that meets the expectations of our customers. Do you thrive where each day is not like the last? If so, Lynden is the place for you. Work with our dynamic Domestic Operations group, handling all day-to-day activities for major clients that includes heavy customer service and technical solutions for our clients.
Why you want to work for Lynden Logistics, Inc.
Compensation Competitive pay with a discretionary bonus program
Healthcare Medical, dental and vision plans
Paid Time Off 17 days paid time off, PTO days increase with years of service
Holidays 8 paid holidays
Retirement Plan 401K with up to 50% of the first 6% contributed matched
Extras Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage and Employee Assistance Program at no cost to you!
Free parking and subsidized transit program
Tuition Reimbursement program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assess, analyze, and problem solve while handling complex, gray-area situations while meeting legal, company and customer expectations.
- Provide outstanding, friendly service through daily communication with both internal and external customers
- Ensure smooth and timely process and documentation flow
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Track and trace files and reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendor billing
- Ensure delivery of freight and timely clearance when applicable
- Contribute and maintain good relationships with suppliers
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations
- Network communications, timely responses to emails and requests
- Meet SOP and SOW standards in accordance with Company policy
- Predictable and consistent attendance.
- Weekend on-call responsibilities based on a rotating on-call schedule.
Education and/or Experience
- High school education or equivalent and three years progressive work experience in operations, or a four-year degree plus two years customer service or freight operations experience. Business or industry degree preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as tariffs, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must have a high level of math to be able to compute pricing, cost, fees, and weight and measures.
- Experience working and communicating with vendors, customers and other company departments to meet deadlines successfully.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Microsoft Access - Data Base management a plus
- Good organizational skills
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Air freight industry experience
- Hawaii trade lane experience(preferred)
- Able to read and distinguish tariff codes
- Experience with specialized cargo (hazardous, OOG, overweight)
- Ability to oversee/monitor/assist in the preparation of accurate customs export documents in a timely manner from source documents. This includes checking for accuracy, taking responsibility for completeness, and timeliness of the transaction.
Primarily works with computer and phone but, occasionally may need to work in and around warehouse. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Ability to possess and maintain a TSA Security Threat Assessment (STA) with a status of Passed, or a TSA recognized equivalent. TSA recognized equivalents include a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge, Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement issued within the 50 States or District of Columbia, the Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC), or Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. STAs will be submitted by Lynden International upon job offer and renewed thereafter. Recognized equivalents must be current at time of application and successfully renewed by the applicant thereafter.
Must pass pre-employment drug test and undergo background screen.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Service
- Data Entry