Role: DevSecOps Lead
Location: McLean, VA
Schedule: 40 hours / week
Overview: Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing and technology services firm, has an immediate opening for a DevSecOps Lead to sit on-site in McLean, VA. Our client is looking for someone to join their new DOS Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads the efforts to ensure progress is made toward a “delivery on demand” model that leverages continuous “everything” to reduce defects while increasing productivity and time-to-market
- Serves as a Technical Lead to design the CI/CD approach and evaluate CI/CD tools make recommendations as needed
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability for the solution
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into a total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Serves as a lead liaison between Agile Development Teams and Operations to ensure smooth product releases by developing and maintaining reusable processes that cover all dependencies for automated software release cycles
- Establishes CI/CD pipeline guidelines and serves as a focal point for communication across Teams
- Coordinates and collaborates extensively with Agile Development Teams to ensure teams adhere to CI/CD guidelines in following DevSecOps processes
- Leads the configuration of pipeline setup and support/resolve technical complexities to integrate various DevSecOps continuous practices as part of a CI/CD implementation
- Recommend and implement automated means that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including scripting, integration, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- The DevSecOps Lead reports to the System Team Manager; local travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience
- Experience leading DevOps/DevSecOps implementation in large programs especially migrating legacy applications, reengineering and automating systems to improve end-to-end software life cycle management by means of automation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing to effectively interact with multiple teams both internal and external
- In-depth technical expertise in DevSecOps techniques, continuous integration; continuous testing; and continuous deployment; trade studies and analysis of alternatives; development of end to end solution deployment across environments
- Experience in leading DevSecOps CI tools such as Jenkins, TFS and familiarity with open source tools for test automation, along with hands on experience implementing CI with test automation, code scanning integrated as part of the build cycles using life cycle management tools such as Nexus
- Experience implementing DevSecOps for large program using Agile, preferably SAFe, development methodology
- Experience implementing DevSecOps for a Cloud-based system on a modernization program ensuring existing applications and systems are modernized to satisfy legacy functional requirements
- Experience implementing CI/CD with products such as Jenkins, Atlassian, GitHub, Nexus Repository
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience
- 10 years of related experience.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret / Interim Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
***As a contract employee of Apex Systems, you are eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Shorter Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts / Perks and our Referral Program.
***Apex Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Agile Software Development