Pactiv Evergreen is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are subject to a drug test (excluding THC*/marijuana/cannabis) and background check at the time of offer.
*THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law
Machinist - HIRING IMMEDIATELY - Bedford Park, IL
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Machinist available shift: 10PM to 6:30 AM
- Starting rate up to $37.11 per hour
- Sign-on Bonus of $5,000
- Eligible for annual & skill-based wage increases
- Add EXTRA money to your paycheck by referring friends and family
- Eligible for monthly bonus based upon plant productivity*
- Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans and an HSA plan)
- Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
- Vision (basic and premier coverage)
- Prescription drug coverage
- 401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds immediately)
- New Hire Wellness Bonus (see plan details)
- Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending accounts
- Livongo diabetes program
- Corporate discounts
Text to Apply PTVE @ 97211
Our Bedford Park, IL location currently has 3rd shift CNC Machinist positions available in our R&D Tool Shop/Innovation Center. The CNC Machinist position is an advanced level position into a clean, modern CNC machine shop with advancement opportunities for career orientated individuals interested in CNC manufacturing. Below is a summary of the job responsibilities and requirements. Pactiv offers great pay and benefits.
- Maintain our safe working environment with participation in company-wide safety procedures, training and safety programs.
- Set-up and operate several different brands of CNC vertical milling machine tools in 3, 4 and 5 axis configurations. Simple programming at the controls is required for set-ups.
- Must be able to communicate machine set up parameters, troubleshoot set-up and operational issues working closely with shop leadership.
- Conduct proper inspection of first-run and in-process parts.
- Train other department personnel of lower classifications on essentials of their jobs and provide the shop manager / shift lead feedback on individual performance of individuals with whom the machinist trains.
- Must do general housekeeping of manufacturing areas and equipment to ensure a clean and safe environment. This includes sweeping and mopping of the production area, wiping down the machines and removal and disposal of waste and rubbish.
- Accurate record keeping in shop floor management software.
High School DiplomaHigher education in machining is preferred. (i.e., Machinist Certificate; MIMS Certificate)Minimum of 3-5 years directly relatable experience in CNC vertical machine tool set-up and operation for manufacture of complex precision components. Must possess outstanding skills in complex set-up of 2D and 3D milled tooling components. 3D mold machining experience a plus.Must have Fanuc and/or Mazak based control experience. Ability to learn 4th axis set-up and programming.Must be experienced with proper use and care of precision measuring equipment including various outside/inside/depth micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, height gauge, dial bore gauge, etc.Must possess ability to read and interpret blue prints.Must be able to read, write, and apply practical shop math.Must be able to work with minimal supervision.Manual machinist skills a plus. Flexibility to work overtime as required.Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
(NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com. Located 16 miles south west of Chicago, Bedford Park is a village in Cook County, Illinois. The population was 580 at the 2010 census. Bedford Park consists of a small residential area and vast amounts of heavy industry sprawling to the east and a small amount to the west. The R&D Tool Shop moved from our Bridgeview Facility to its current location in 2009 and was renamed the Innovation Center. The facility houses 22 CNC Machine Tools, a prototype center, and various grinding and assembly equipment. The Innovation Center has approximately 30 shop employees as well as product and tool designers, project managers and Corporate Engineering staff. The Innovation Center earned Pactiv’s annual Safety and Environmental awards for the past three years with zero incidents. Pactiv Evergreen
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to CNC Mill Machinist
. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. #IND1P #CB1Pactiv Evergreen employees are subject to post-hire drug and alcohol testing in accordance with company policies