To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo Grove, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Business Analyst Level 3
Apex Systems • Buffalo Grove, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Apply knowledge of business and technology to allow for the development of integrated solutions to resolve technical and business issues. Serve as a liaison between internal or external customers and development teams during the initial phases of development efforts for various business initiatives. Apply structured methodology in the creation of requirements from the business perspective, translated in to easily understood formats that are acted upon by the various technical design and development teams in IT. Following BA principles and accepted methodologies, define the system and functional requirements of technical projects. Define specifications and data models for development efforts and testing. Create detailed test cases and analyze results. May assess available technologies and recommend solutions to technical teams.
Work with IT Project Manager, Development and QA in the execution of the project lifecycle, including but not limited to analysis, design, implementation, testing, release and maintenance.
- Apply working knowledge of systems and Business Analysis to analyze and develop integrated solutions to resolve technical issues for small to medium sized custom development projects. Actively participate and interact with customers to understand business needs, identify the best solution, and architect the processes to meet the needs.
- Assist in the analysis and design of new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies.
- Using multiple information gathering techniques, conduct facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution. Develop clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors. Recognize the business’s needs and the implications of change. May formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases to the designers, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements. Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge to better understand the link between business and technology. Analyze methodologies for process improvements, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
- Communication with client contacts and business personnel as to project deliverables, issue/resolution.
- Level 3 and 4: Mentor junior level IT business analysts in business requirements gathering methodologies and documentation best practices
- Level 3 and 4: Analyze and design new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies. Standardize IT requirements methodology to reduce cost, improve productivity, improve quality, predictability and timeliness, reduce risk, improve cross-group coordination, improve skills and improve customer and associate satisfaction.
- Collaborate with production staff in ensuring order delivery.
- Participate in month end billing by running reports or providing clarifications to details.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures related to security and protecting privacy of client and company information.
- Role will work directly with confidential client data containing protected health information and/or personally identifiable information and individual must complete annual HIPAA training.
- Support other tasks and responsibilities, both permanent and temporary as assigned or directed by management
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4-yr college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
- Level 1: 1-3 years’ experience in gathering and writing detailed business/functional requirements and test scenarios based upon customer needs.
- Level 2: 3-5 years’ experience in gathering and writing detailed business/functional requirements and test scenarios based upon customer needs.
- Level 3: 5-7 years’ experience in gathering and writing detailed business/functional requirements and test scenarios based upon customer needs.
- Level 4: 8-10 years’ experience in gathering and writing detailed business/functional requirements and test scenarios based upon customer needs.
- Knowledge of print and fulfillment business a plus
- Working knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server preferred), SQL coding, BI/Reporting tools a plus.
- ScrumMaster certification a plus
- Working knowledge in the use of Jira preferred
- Some application development experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Exposure to a formal Project Management methodology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, and written
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178