To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hillsboro, OR 97124
- Ssoe, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Structural Engineer (Semiconductor)
Ssoe, Inc. • Hillsboro, OR
Posted 2 months ago
Why join SSOE Group? If you're interested in a dynamic career with a healthy, growing firm, you've come to the right place. SSOE is a global leader in the AEC industry. Combine that with a culture recognized as one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" and you'll discover why employees are proud to be on our team.
Stability. For more than 65 years we've continued to succeed in an industry of constant change. One testament to our culture-150 clients who have chosen to work with us for over 20 years. Though we've doubled in size over the past decade, we've taken a business-minded approach to our growth-focusing on diversity of geography, services, and markets served to ensure we weather any economic storm.
Unmatched opportunities for growth. We offer clearly defined paths to the top. Our focus on staff development prepares employees to take on the opportunities associated with worldwide growth and expanding project delivery models. We reward our team members who rise to the occasion by providing accelerated career advancement, access to global project experience, and an ownership structure that allows for a broader base of ownership than typically seen in our industry.
Culture of excellence. Our dynamic professionals will tell you every project they work on is different and exciting. Spend your day on the cutting edge of R&D, bringing well-known products to market, and helping clients expand globally. Our ISO certification includes processes that ensure a quality output, and more importantly clients who are happy-in fact 97% of those surveyed would recommend SSOE to a colleague. SSOE professionals were published in more than 50 industry publications last year-so you can be certain you'll be working with the top talent in the industry.
Technology that works for you, not against you. SSOE has a full time group dedicated to innovation. This not only ensures access to the latest technologies, but also that mature technologies such as BIM are tailored for your needs, fully supported, optimized, and intelligently integrated into project delivery.
Summary: SSOE is seeking a talented Structural Engineer for our Hillsboro, OR office, The candidate must have a Professional Engineer license (PE) to help reinforce our team of skilled multidiscipline engineers and designers. The ideal candidate is committed to producing high quality deliverables varied projects for advanced technology clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces organized structural calculations for support systems required to enable lead discipline designs and assist lead structural engineer.
- Analyze existing structures for new loads and provide recommendations for strengthening where required.
- Design new efficient structural systems using steel, concrete, and strut and deliver design information on time.
- Develop understanding of multifaceted client to better solve unique conditions.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to see beyond standard answers.
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Exercises judgment for engineering decisions for some aspects of design, but receives supervision and direct input on new aspects of assignment.
- Sketches design into completed working details and drawings based on engineering fundamentals.
- Develop and validate computer models of complex structural systems.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree or Masters degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college.
- PE required. SE a plus.
- Solid understanding of structural fundamentals required.
- Knowledge of building codes including seismic requirements.
- Experience with structural analysis software such as RISA or STAAD.
- Experience with REVIT preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
About SSOE Group As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a 'Great Workplace' (Great Place to Work®) and one of the 'Best AEC Firms to Work For' (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries-with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.