To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winchester, VA 22601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Satellite Communications Specialist - TS/SCI
CH2M & Jacobs • Winchester, VA
Posted 23 days ago
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nations most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.
Jacobs is seeking a Satellite Communications ( SATCOM ) Specialist to support our customer in the Winchester, VA area. This position requires an Active TS SCI security clearance. Duties may include:
- Provide transmissions management and network management of advance Satellite Communications Operational Management System and other command and control programs
- Serves as technical consultant for transmissions management and control in the Advance Satellite Constellation
- Participates as consultant, advisor, or member in various communication panning and working groups
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend solutions to future communications and automation operational challenges
- Use knowledge of satellite communications systems and their relationships to other telecommunications networks
- Provides technical and operational planning, system configuration and operational mission support
- Ensures that developmental tactical automation systems are inter operable with and integrated into tactical communications equipment and are designed to meet user requirements
- Works at senior level to define, integrate, and implement strategic direction for satellite programs having long-term effects
- Develops/presents briefings to convey strategic vision of organizational policies
#dicepost Basic Qualifications:
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive, relevant experience, or and MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and two (2) to five (5) years or progressive experience.
- 8 years of Department of Defense Satellite Communications experience
- Must have Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Significant military familiarity and training in SATCOM with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in Satellite Communications principles, technical analysis, and problem solving.
- Satellite Communications Planning Tool mission planning training in support of a government customer in support of strategic protected satellite terminals and related baseband systems
- A subject matter expert for the protected Satellite Communications
- 10 years of Satellite Communications experience
Physical Requirements:Work will be done in an office and field environment. The ability to work on small to large Satellite Communications equipment required.
Work Environment:Office and field environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members across the customers organization.
Equipment & Machines:Satellite Communications equipment knowledge required to provide troubleshooting and analysiss of operations. General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance:Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on customer requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel, estimated 20 days a year, as needed.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>