We welcome you to join the Nursing team as a Medical Assistant. You will be responsible for promoting and restoring patient's health by collaborating with physicians and team members; and providing physical and psychological support to patients and their families. Performs a variety of patient care activities to assist laboratory, nursing and x-ray personnel. Exhibits the core values of Olathe Health System, Inc., compassion, integrity and unity.
- High School or GED Minimum
- Previous Healthcare Experience Preferred
- Be certified in Healthcare Provider CPR – (American Heart Association or American Red Cross ONLY); required with 7 days from date of hire
- Medical Assisting Program Preferred
- Utilize work time efficiently to maximize productivity.
- Maintains high level of accuracy with great attention to detail.
- Communicates effectively and exhibits a professional, positive work ethic while dealing in high stress situations.
- Demonstrates multi-tasking abilities.
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal Insurance
- Collaborative professional work environment
- Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
- Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals (up to $5,250/year)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something special…something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100 Hospitals.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine’s “2020 Best Companies to Work for” (large employer category) and one of the “Best Hospitals in Kansas for Nurses” (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team today!
- Medical Assistance
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Health Systems