Job Description Summary
A Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and executing the next generation of aviation engine test systems. You will work hands on in a collaborative team implementing and fielding software in support of legacy and next generation aviation propulsion system development. This role will involve contributing to the hardware and software architecture and implementation of near real time test software to support the future of development engine test.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Work collaboratively to design and evaluate systems and software for acquiring data from engine and rig tests.
* Responsible for gathering and translating customer requirements into executable product specifications.
* Responsible for execution of laboratory and field validation testing and data acquisition for use in the design and validation of products and services.
* Remain current in the state of the art within own technical specialty for new products introduction activity, performance improvements, cost reductions and problem resolutions
* Participate in Design Reviews and create proper technical documentation for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in systems and software. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
* Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or 6 years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline
* Minimum of 3 years experience in design engineering
* This role is restricted to US persons due to export controlled technology
* Software development experience designing and implementing using C/C++
* Familiar with DevOps software configuration management and full software life-cycle development
* Experience with Perl, Python, or another scripting utility.
* Experience working with networking protocols, including TCP and UDP.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
* Ability to document, plan, market and execute programs.
* Established project management skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Computer Engineering
- Data Analysis
- Data Collection