US-TX-Fort WorthReq No.
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We're creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you're passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Technology Advisor I
to provide subject matter expertise and technology strategy for internal business units and CO-OP clients. Develops solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a technology consultant and completes complex tasks, projects or issues that involve a high degree of risk, impacts business unit performance and makes use of the individuals' high degree of knowledge within one or more areas of technology consulting and business analysis. Provides troubleshooting and solutioning to reach the client or business objective.
What You Can Look Forward to
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this person to work in the physical office.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Serves as an advisor between internal corporate functions, clients and technology by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- May act as a product owner within an Agile Scrum framework as a key participant in the portfolio, product, release, and sprint planning activities, and manages feature completeness and acceptance testing.
- Engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously and meets aggressive deadlines amid shifting priorities.
- Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Consults with clients and internal corporate functions to provide training, resolve issues, answer questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes.
- Creates detailed specifications from which solutions may be developed.
- Assists corporate functions and clients in writing test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications and processes meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- May play a key role in the training of client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures.
- Provides recommendations on best practices and changes in technology accordingly.
- Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies.
- Supports Discovery and Client Projects teams in pre and post-sale activities, and drives solutioning integration points for the client, listening for client needs and optimizing adoption of the CO-OP technology catalog.
- Works with internal corporate functions to assess their technology portfolios and assist with developing technology roadmaps that align with the organizations strategic priorities, assisting with development of business case and project charter.
- Enable well-informed decision making by advising clients on the advantages and disadvantages of various options aligned with product and technology offerings.
- Address the impact of changes in business and technology strategies and conceive a role for technology when solving business problems.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
Why Join CO-OP?
- College degree and/or 5+ years of experience with payment technology solutions, or similar industry experience.
- Has general payments industry knowledge and experience in his/her area of specialization is preferred.
- Experience working within an Agile Scrum framework as a Product Owner, including experience prioritizing user stories as a part of sprint planning and review.
- Proven integration experience with API's and/or workflow automation.
- 2-3 years of experience in a technology consultative role.
- Experience writing SQL queries would be highly preferred.
- Proven experience creating and delivering Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- Possess and utilize strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to express technical concepts in business terms and/or business concepts in technical terms.
- Articulate ideas and solutions to influence others toward a desired outcome or solution.
- Possess ability to interact with end users to derive requirements and feedback; have experience working in a team environment to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Ability to lead strategic problem-solving activities.
- Self-Starter and Independent Worker.
- Developed Industry Network and Collaboration Skills.
- Strategic Thinker.
- Ability to Manage Multiple Priorities Simultaneously.
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve; cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech. The Perks
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.