JDP is seeking a Jr Civil Engineer in Rockville, MD area! The candidate will be responsible for carrying out complex technical details, perform general civil engineering work, make inspections and prepare simple designs.
- Supervisor and inspect minor construction and maintenance work on highways, sewers, water mains etc.
- Prepare designs for simple engineering projects
- Inspect construction materials
- Take measurements and obtains design data
- Make surveys for determining payments to contractors
- Prepare progress reports
- Serve as sight inspector on contracted work
- Compute and check estimates
- Assist in preparation of contract documents and plan for bidding public works projects
- Routine drafting and tracing of sewers, water main, storm drains etc.
- Supervise the work of technical or clerical assistants
- Bachelor’s degree required, Civil Engineering degree preferred
- 1+ year of work experience in industry
- Good knowledge of surveying
- Knowledge of methods and equipment used in construction
- Familiar with computer applications and programs such as CAD
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Jr Civil Engineer
- Measurement And Metrology
- Software Applications