To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- VA Beach, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • VA Beach, VA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Technical Writer - Virginia Beach, VA
If interested in this Technical writer opportunity in the Virginia Beach, VA area, send an updated resume to Zach Blaine, Technical Recruiter - Intelligence Sector, at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and reference job #939330.
The candidate will work with a team of subject matter experts, system engineers, curriculum developers, and active duty personnel as a 'documentation specialist' to development and maintain technical content that supports U.S. Navy intelligence and cryptologic system operation, maintenance, administration, and training. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Research vendor manuals, publications,
illustrations, and drawings and develop original content that references and
reuses relevant information.
• Develop and maintain original content (procedures, illustrations, decision flowcharts) based on engineering and subject matter expert input.
• Re-write and re-format technical manuals, diagrams, charts, illustrations, and informal notes from engineers and subject
• Create document templates and shells for subject matter experts to complete.
• Adhere to established document quality standards.
• Maintain records and files of work and revisions per an established document development life cycle.
• Adapt technical content created for one format to another.
• Provide feedback on technical documentation, training products, and job aids, during documentation reviews, product reviews, and program office working groups.
• Coordinate with system engineers, subject matter experts, technical writers to ensure all developed content is consistent, validated, and verified.
• Manage multiple projects concurrently for multiple customers.
• Must have and be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in English or related field and 4 years technical writing experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Technical editing experience supporting DoD and/or military technical and reference documents.
• Ability to read, interpret, organize, and synthesize source material into well-written, concise technical products.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully individually, within a team, and across multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent computer skills and use of Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Visio) and Adobe authoring products.
• Proficient in English grammar, spelling, punctuation and document proofreading.
• Prior U.S. Navy military experience operating, maintaining, and administering intelligence and cryptologic systems.
• Administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management.
Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008 environment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178