The General Manager is responsible for day-to-day restaurant operations that deliver a superior guest experience via hiring, training, and managing the operation in addition to driving the financial success of the business. Furthermore, the General Manager is delegating and tracking location compliance with company directed initiatives, state/federal requirements, responsible alcohol service and any additional client expectations. The General Manager directly reports to the Regional Director of Operations.
The General Managers' primary role will be to provide guidance and leadership to the management team aimed at delivering the Levy Difference in hospitality and location financial success while maintaining positive client relations.
- Ensures great guest service and deliver of hospitality standards by holding team accountability to steps of service, maintaining positive guest relationships including obtaining regular feedback through table visits and executing show quality standards.
- Develops trains and conveys brand clarity through menu, wine and beverage knowledge.
- Creates a positive work environment through hiring/selection of managers & chefs, maximizing productivity and morale through manager engagement and maintaining appropriate staffing levels per business needs. Develops labor budgets to support the business.
- Supports both front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house in all business aspects.
- Guarantees state, federal and business compliance, including but not limited to responsible alcohol service guidelines, safety and sanitation standards and client requirements. Ability to manage these programs independently to company standard.
- Delivers on financial goals of the operation and overall business.
The ideal General Manager candidate is passionate about hospitality, food and beverage and location morale/culture. They should have the ability to think proactively and creatively, have decision making and analytical skills and be effective in written and verbal communication. They are self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, effectively multi-task and drive results. In addition, the General Manager should be able to action plan opportunities to ensure location financial success and drive revenue.
- Degree in Hospitality or related field preferred but not required
- 7-15 years progressive management experience
- Creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas
- Proven track record of being organized, dependable and self-motivated
- Able to work independently and have the capacity to manage up and down
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and social media
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback