YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Student Nurse Tech AdventHealth Heart of Florida
40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL. 33837
Davenport, FL 33837
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- Close proximity to Wald Disney World
- Various outdoor activities for families and children to enjoy
- Beautiful local golf courses available year around
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
Work Hours/Shift: 12hr shifts PRN 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Quality & Service Excellence, Community Well-Being, High Ethical Standards, Stewardship, and Inclusiveness; as outlined in the organization’s Professional Practice Model.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior, motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Collaborate with RN as needed to assist in meeting patient’s needs based on evaluations. Reports abnormalities to RN.
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
What You Will Need:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Up to 1 year after graduation, may use the title Nurse Technician after successful graduation from an ASN or BSN professional nursing program until:
- ATT (Authorization to Test) is received and/or
- Failed NCLEX twice
- The employee may remain as a Nurse Tech only the above length of time and only if a position is available and the employee has satisfactory evaluations.
- Successfully completed first semester of an ASN or BSN professional nursing program
- Proof of continued enrollment in an ASN or BSN professional nursing program, with no break in enrollment to exceed 1 year OR,
- Successful graduated from an ASN or BSN professional nursing program
- If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing - approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth non-waived Point of Care training
The Nurse Technician is one who assists the nursing staff in the delivery of patient care by performing specific tasks under the direction of an RN to identified age specific groups. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Registered Nurse Certified
- Associate Of Science In Nursing
- National Council Licensure Examination
- Basic Life Support
- Academic Achievement