Device & Supply Chain (D&SC) is an enterprise function managing the end-to-end lifecycle of T-Mobile’s consumer-facing hardware portfolio (phones, chipsets, accessories, IoT), device services portfolio (insurance, warranty, trade-ins), supply chain operations (distribution centers, logistics, inventory), and financial services (device financing, mobile banking).
This highly visible role builds robust operational and financial models to deliver structural, operational, & financial insights that transform the D&SC organization, delivering a state-of the-art value proposition for our customers. The team regularly works on projects assessing internal synergies; achieving operational excellence; and designing partner deals in forward & reverse logistics, device financing and protection, financial services, inventory, and cash flow management.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
- 7-10 years business analysis/consulting experience
- Experience designing and operating analytical frameworks and financial models to guide executive decisions in complex business problems
- Experience framing unstructured and complex analytical problems and convert them to drive actionable decisions
- Data analysis and modeling skills utilizing Excel and SQL at an advanced level – models need to be auditable, replicable, and transferable; comfortable extracting and manipulating large datasets with SQL.
- Demonstrated excellent skills in one or more of the following areas: data analysis, financial modeling, forecasting, and statistical modeling
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present analytical results to executives in verbal and written form and ability to influence senior leaders, peers, and other organization members; deep expertise in creating executive-level presentations in PowerPoint
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following (or related) industries is a plus: technology, telecom, supply chain, retail, mobile devices, or subscription services
- Experience with wireless network and/or device technologies is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following roles: management consultancy with analytics, corporate strategy and analytics, subscriber analysis, technology penetration analysis is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Business, or Economics; a Master’s Degree (or PhD) in Operations Research/Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, or MBA preferred
- Flexible, self-starter, and comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Desire for a high level of responsibility and ownership and ability to work with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment
- Create and operate strategic, analytical frameworks and financial models to guide D&SC operational decisions
- Structure complex business models to provide analytics and guidance to support OEM and D&SC partner negotiations
- Create and deliver executive-level presentations on strategy, insights, and execution to senior management and partner organizations
- Establish financial and operational guardrails for D&SC vendor negotiations
- As a thought leader in D&SC, work cross functionally with research scientists, business verticals (Operations, Marketing, Commercial, Retail, Care) and T-Mobile leaders
- Create actionable insights from deep analytics on customer behavior and operational data sets
- Work with key enterprise stakeholders including marketing, technology, sales, and customer care to develop short- and long-term D&SC strategies; provide key analysis; and advise on opportunities and threats identified through strategic thinking, data analysis, and research
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
- Financial Services
- Financial Modeling
- Distribution (Business)