To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Solutions Architect - Public Safety
Michael Baker International • Linthicum Heights, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
We are a national leader in implementing straightforward approaches to development and deployment of scalable enterprise Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) solutions. Michael Baker International has differentiated itself and expanded its capabilities by using the latest technologies. For example, we use aerial, static and mobile Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) systems that accurately determine range, elevation, and other critical mapping data. With hundreds of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), survey, mapping and IT professionals in our Technology Practice across North America, Michael Baker International possesses in-house experience and resources to support all elements of your program needs, including: needs analysis, digitizing/data conversion, customized mapping applications, and systems documentation, implementation, and training.
Michael Baker International is seeking a Solutions Architect to join our Public Safety team. The successful candidate will be based in either our Baltimore MD, Washington DC, Indianapolis IN, or Pittsburgh, PA location and will be responsible for the administration and development of our DATAMARK Software as a Service (SaaS) solution. DATAMARK is an application providing web-based mapping and analysis functions to meet the needs of our clients within the 9-1-1 and Public Safety markets.
This position will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to delivering commercial SaaS applications for high-quality, on-time software releases leveraging best-of-breed agile and DevOps practices with a focus on how to enable the operations of those applications through a combination of infrastructure solutioning, continuous delivery and integration, and efficient system sustainment planning.
This role is responsible for leading technical design on Cloud and digital platforms, including hands-on full stack development. The Solutions Architect must have a passion for developing and launching robust scalable products that are business and customer facing. This position should have a full understanding of the tools, platforms and technologies used to develop exceptional applications within the 9-1-1, Public Safety and other emerging lines of business.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work remotely.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
• As a Solutions Architect, lead development efforts for our SaaS solution DATAMARK
• Identify business requirements and requirements of stakeholders on the project
• Understand, seek to improve, and have a drive to disrupt legacy off-the-shelf data management and visualization practices
• Work with development team on the design, build, and maintenance of efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Manage team that will vet existing applications for quality and proper development and design
• Use the Cloud as a lean delivery tool for business applications
• Monitor and identify emerging trends in programming and development via social media, conferences, or books and vet their usage within our digital delivery
• Steward the best practices and standards regarding solution development
• Manage budgets and timelines for internally facing and externally facing projects
• Be a developer of developers, by enforcing quality in design decisions, product lifecycle, career development, and mentorship
• Prioritize development tasks using organizational and time management tools to meet the needs of delivery
• Support Data Scientists, Engineers, GIS Professionals, and other stakeholders by discovering opportunities to create applications that solve a variety of client-driven business needs
• Think outside the box regarding development and design approaches
• Have a business-driven psychology that serves to prioritize product and application development
• Document and effectively communicate present application issues and proposed solutions with internal and external stakeholders
• Identify external vendors, technologies, and partnerships that would be best utilized and more economical versus internally developed solutions
• Embrace and understand the changing nature of DeVops as it relates to Cloud technology through testing, and suggesting improvements to existing solutions
• Understand the best approach to integrating legacy functionality into new SaaS solutions
• Data modeling and database design experience
• Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
• Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
• Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field, or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years of related experience as a Java Developer in a consulting-based business
• Experience with database management systems (SQL, PostGRES, etc …)
• Experience with integrating multiple application security schemes into one securable interface
• Experience in working with spatial data formats (GeoJSON), spatially enabled databases, and APIs (such as ArcGIS, and open source web services)
• Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal and WebApp Builder
• Knowledge of Next Generation 9-1-1 and Public Safety GIS practices
• Experience managing a commercial software line