To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO 63121
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer III/IV
DRS Technologies, Inc., • St. Louis, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. The Company has been recognized as one of the fastest growing defense technology companies in the world and holds leading market positions in thermal imaging devices, combat display workstations, electronic sensor systems, power systems, rugged computer systems, air combat training systems, mission recorders, deployable flight incident recorders, environmental control systems, telecommunication systems, aircraft loaders, military trailers and shelters, and integrated logistics and support services.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. Leonardo DRS is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry and niche commercial technology areas. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Land Systems is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location: Saint Louis, MO
DRS Land Systems is seeking a contract to hire Software Engineer Level III/IV. This position provides technical and analytical work to develop, design, and/or support software solutions across multiple U.S. defense industries. Duties include participating in software design activities, developing code based on the architecture and technical design, creating and performing unit tests, enhancing the software development process, and playing an active role in test case planning for components and functions developed by the project team. The selected candidate will work with other engineering disciplines and use their software development expertise to create robust technical solutions across multiple technology areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and manage other engineers. Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them
- Develop, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications
- Specify and evaluate supplier subsystems and services
- Applies fundamental knowledge of software engineering principles and core concepts (e.g., data structures, algorithms, computer architecture, operating systems, and databases) to create software solutions that meet project-based needs.
- Applies core computer science concepts in the development, testing, and documentation of software units
- Participates as a member of the testing team to plan and review test cases within software solution components
- Participates in code reviews with the systems engineers, software architects, and other technical staff
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
- Proven Computer Science fundamentals in embedded development, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 5+ years of industry experience in delivering high-quality, innovative applications and programming experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, C# and/or Java (this may include a blend of real-world work experience, and independent work experience)
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with little day-to-day guidance
- Demonstrates an ambition to learn
- Willing to travel up to 10% as necessary
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within the team
- Experience developing software in an embedded Linux environment
- Experience in one or more of the following: architectures (CGI, CSS, HTML, REST), MATLAB, Simulink, PicoZed, and control systems/robotics
- Familiarity with open source packages
- Basic knowledge of network communications and cybersecurity practices
Leonardo DRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.