Under general supervision, responsible for performing moderately complex product mechanical, electrical and visual inspection. Provide support to Depot service operation.
Quality Assurance Inspector:
• Performs moderately complex mechanical, electrical and visual inspection of incoming vendor supplied parts and assemblies.
• Performs basic surface plate setup (i.e. use of v-blocks, height gauge, squares, tee, etc.).
• Assess basic raw material attributes in respect to certification standards, evaluate product’s finished surfaces (coating conformity, surface roughness).
• Performs basic logging in and out of inspection equipment for other departments.
• Ability to travel locally and independently to supplier manufacturing sites to perform source inspection.
• Perform Final Product Audit in manufacturing area.
• Complies with EBARA’s safety policies, including participation in and completion of all required safety training. .
• Maintains clean and safe working environment compliant with Ebara and customer safety policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Print and assemble data packets for rebuild technicians.
• Purge out down-rev documents used in rebuild department, and print / replace documents in work stations.
• Perform Final QC, record results for rebuilt dry pumps.
• Perform feeler gauge inspection / record results / create new gauges as required.
• Perform assembly / wiring for Frames as needed.
• Review data packets for completeness / final sign-off preparation for Supervisor.
• Oversee training matrix for Service Rebuild department employees and correct quizzes / perform admin duties related to training.
• Assist in ordering of supplies.
• Assist in other administrative tasks assigned for Service Supervisor.
• The ability to lift 35 lbs. unassisted from the floor to waist level.
• The ability to perform the identified essential functions of the classification, including the operation of any machinery and/or equipment that is associated with performing the essential functions.
• The ability to perform the essential functions of the position in a cross cultural, demanding and dynamic environment.
• The ability to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat of harm to him/herself, others or property.
• The ability to adhere to EBARA personnel policies and practices, including the attendance and punctuality requirements.
• The ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, and at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
• High school diploma, Associates degree or equivalent experience; prefer AS and/or ASQ Certified Mechanical Inspector.
• Four (4) to Six (6) years’ experience performing mechanical inspection (Receiving or In-Process Inspection).
• Six (6) months to one (1) year experience in electrical inspection OR equivalent electrical knowledge.
• Competent in the use of mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and surface plate.
• Competent in the use of electrical inspection equipment, such as fluke and digital volt-ohm meter.
• Experience working in a team environment preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• The ability to stand for up to one hour at a time.
• The ability to interpret basic engineering isometric drawings and make independent determination if mechanical parts meet drawing requirements.
• The ability to accurately follow directives and assignments from senior staff members.
• The ability to write concise, descriptive inspection reports accurately in English.
• Speaking in front of groups. Strong time management skills. Self-starter.
• Demonstrated leadership and program management skills.
• Strong relationship building skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal colleagues and customer.
• Demonstrated teamwork and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.