To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Porte, TX 77571
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LyondellBasell • La Porte, TX
Posted 3 days ago
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This role provides production engineering support to an ethylene steam cracker at a multiple process unit petrochemical site. Responsibilities include monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing production areas to drive process and product improvements while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. Expected unit support will be the Hot Fractionation/Utilities part of the unit: Debutanizer, depropanizer, propane/propylene splitter, propadiene reactors, mixed butane storage, pyrolysis gasoline storage, water systems, and some auxiliary utilities.
Please not this position is located in La Porte, TX.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of safety, environment, production, reliability, cost, and quality.
- Maintains strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Develops recommendations to achieve production targets.
- Monitors, troubleshoot and optimize production units.
- Provides process design support for capital projects.
- Participates in unit turnarounds
- Contributes in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results.
- Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Participates in Process Hazard Analyses and Process Safety Management activities.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of 4 years prior experience working as an engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries
- A background in Olefins cracking technology a plus
- A background in demonstrated process improvement a plus
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston