Cordia Partners is seeking Senior Consultants to join our Government Contracting team. We are headquartered in Vienna, VA but the position provides a hybrid work model with remote work and a few collaboration days in the office-based on location.
As a Senior Consultant, you will work with Cordia team members to provide government contracting clients with services that support their entire business lifecycle. Services include FAR/CAS/OMB circular consultation, DCAA audit support, compliance program development, indirect rate structures, audit support services, pricing strategy, incurred cost submission preparation, and more.
Proven candidates must possess a strong background in government contract accounting, finance, compliance or contracts management, and a BS in Accounting or Finance. Proficiency in the use of MS Office (particularly Excel) is required and Project Accounting experience is highly preferred. You must be a US citizen to apply. We offer a highly competitive compensation package.
Senior Consultant Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review accurate and timely client-ready materials and reports
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the accounting operations within each assigned client
- Recommend, design, and implement departmental controls and procedures
- Communicate with clients on an ongoing basis
- Coach and mentor junior staff
- Deliver exceptional client service in all client interactions
- Assist in the general management of the Consulting practice
- Interact directly with Partners and other leaders on client and operational management
Accounting Manager Requirements:
- Minimum of 2-4years of experience in the government contractor accounting field working with multiple clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proficiency in the use of automated accounting system software, such as Unanet, Deltek Costpoint, and/or QuickBooks and the Microsoft Office
- Skilled at working with limited supervision and must demonstrate the ability to manage and coach employees and manage multiple client requirements
- Executive-level verbal and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to extract relevant information from a large volume of data
- Strong understanding of accounting principles (GAAP), government contracting regulations (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Proactive, innovative, collaborative, adhere to deadlines, and responsive to client and management requirements
- Exhibits strong ethics, positive attitude, and calm demeanor under pressure
- Flexible, organized and possesses the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Job ID: SCGC-05182022
About Cordia Partners
Cordia is a unique career alternative for accountants. If audit and tax do not interest you, and you are looking for more than a single company experience, Cordia’s consulting services may be the right fit for you.
Cordia Partners was recognized as one of the Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2020. Our entrepreneurial mindset and our C.A.R.E.S. core values drive our efforts and initiatives to help our clients achieve financial profitability and our employees to further their career goals. We offer an inclusive culture where hard work is recognized and rewarded. We embrace DE&I initiatives and are looking for individuals who thrive in a team environment.
Learn more about our core values and why you should join our team. Visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Consultant - GovCon
- Accounting Software
- Coaching And Mentoring