Requisition ID: 12048
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Create mid and long-range production plans to support forecast, orders, and inventory targets provided by commercial and inventory management groups that do not conflict with operational guidelines.
- Support the corporate S&OP planning process by providing required information and addressing any questions or issues that may arise.
- Planning Model
- Use appropriate planning tools to project a production plan to support the commercial forecast and inventory levels (on and off site), using accurate operating inputs, such as production rates and yields (process and quality).
- Work with operations to ensure the projected plan is executable and aligned with their operational requirements, while meeting customer expectations.
- Work with the inventory management group to confirm non-prime and scrap plan for slabs and coils.
- Work with the inventory management group to define the slab receipt plan from all approved suppliers.
- Use appropriate planning tools to project monthly billings based on order book, forecasted billings for MTF materials, production schedules, and material availability.
- Develop a daily billing plan for the month by the defined modes of shipment and monitor the variances throughout the month.
- Ensure operational resources are aligned to maximize monthly billings.
- Provide weekly and ad hoc status on billings.
- Project bookings required to support the commercial forecast and production plan.
- Work with commercial to ensure booking targets are accurate based on production capacity and customer needs.
- Ensure orders are taken at appropriate lead times and are aligned with campaign dates to avoid negative impact to plant finishing performance.
- Inventory Projections
- Based on the inventory and production movements to achieve the operations plan, project the weekly and monthly ending inventories by defined categories. Additionally, provide reasons for variances to the plan.
- Use historical information to validate the yield/rate assumptions used in the planning process.
- Work with appropriate operations groups to resolve any inaccuracies that may exist.
- Provide transparency with operations to ensure agreement with the yield/rate assumptions being used.
- Provide timely reports based on a distribution schedule.
- Use appropriate reporting tools and data mining skills to provide ad hoc reports as required
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001:2015, IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 17025:2017
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or combination of post-secondary education and related experience.
- 5 years of production planning or supply chain management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using constraint-based planning systems such as SAP APO, i2, Quintiq, etc.
- Strong PC Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience with databases and data mining tools such as Access, SAS, Brio, BOBJ/HANA, etc.
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call Phone number blocked - click to apply or email Email blocked - click to apply to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.