Operation of a wastewater treatment plant and land application of biosolids. Must have a class A CDL, will be driving a tractor with tank trailer applying biosolids on pasture land, diving a large farm tractor, working outdoors in all seasons, in confined spaces, climbing in and out of equipment, ladders and stairs, able to obtain a class D wastewater operators license within 12 months, will be on rotating call-out.
- Tends automatic and semi-automatic machines and related equipment including pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed and odor control and vacuum filters used to decontaminate waste water by settling, aeration and sludge digestion.
- Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control
- to regulate flow.
- Monitors flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related controls through
- instrument panels, computer terminals and programmable logic control units in
- assigned area.
- Monitors and records operating conditions observations and data in area shift log.
- Ensures conformance to process specifications. Diagnoses basic operational problems
- and takes corrective action per procedure. Verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor and takes corrective actions.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance and maintenance related items as
- Performs manual labor including filling and emptying of machine bins and cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as required.
- Performs minor maintenance including, but not limited to, routine preventive maintenance, lubrication and minor adjustments.
- Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
- Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waste
- according to safety and environmental policies.
- HS diploma or GED
- Must possess a Class A CDL
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Six months to two years experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of water/wastewater treatment.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
Production Equipment Controls
Personal Protective Equipment