To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Athens, GA 30601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Townsend & Associates • Athens, GA
Posted 26 days ago
Other Great Industries
Distribution - Shipping
- Receiving & Storage: Unload shipments of finished goods, packaging components, and customer returns. Inspects all materials and compares product number, size, unit of measure, quantity, and lot number against receiving documents.
- Discrepancies are noted on receiving documents and reported to immediate supervisor.
- Stores all finished goods while observing all relevant temperature requirements noted on the product.
- Stores incoming packaging components in appropriate area and insures all material is properly labeled, marked, and identified.
- Will perform final check on material unloaded by others.
- International Picking & Shipping: Associate assembles, verifies, and over packs as necessary temperature controlled, non-hazardous, and hazardous materials using the appropriate procedure for export shipments shipping via freight forwarder and ocean carriers.
- Follows appropriate D.O.T., I.A.T.A., D.E.A., I.M.C.O, and G.M.P. regulations when picking and assembling orders.
- Performs a final check on materials picked by others to validate that the order has been properly filled.
- Domestic Picking & Shipping: Associate assembles, verifies, and over packs as necessary temperature controlled, non-hazardous, and hazardous materials using the appropriate RF picking menu and a hand-held RF device for customer orders, truck orders, sales person samples and stock transfers to public warehouses shipping via air, ground and truck load carrier.
- Follows appropriate D.O.T., D.E.A., I.M.C.O, and G.M.P. regulations when picking and assembling orders. Performs a final check on materials picked by others to validate that order has been properly filled. Utilizes PC based manifesting systems to process packages shipping via UPS and FedEx.
- Return Goods Area: Inspects all material returned by customers and compares product number, size, quantity, unit of measure, and lot number against Return Material Authorization. Determines product disposition based on Quality Control standards.
- Associate obtains RMA# from the Customer Care Department for any unauthorized product returned by customers.
- Processes returned product using Oracle and a hand-held RF scanner.
- Selects product to be returned to stock based on QA guidelines.
- Material dispositioned for destruction is placed on appropriate pallets for shipment to destruction facility.
- Safety & GMP: Abides by all applicable GMP and OSHA regulations.
- GMP training is required annually. Responsible for the safe handling and storage of hazardous waste and toxic substances generated or received at the Distribution Center as required by Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Also has the responsibility for reporting spills of a hazardous substance to immediate supervisor. Knowledge of hazardous and toxic substances handling procedures is provided through documented safety training sessions, MSDS, or Haz Mat training conducted by company personnel or outside sources.
- Equipment Operation: Operates Fork trucks, pallet jacks, floor scrubber, stretch wrap machines, and various other material handling equipment in accordance will all applicable OSHA, GMP, and site safety procedures
- Housekeeping: Notifies immediate supervisor of area which require special attention.
- Assists in the cleanup of non-hazardous spills and damaged materials.
- Looks for damaged product and prepares paperwork to remove damaged product from active inventory.
- Special Projects: Works with immediate supervisor on special assignments.
- Special projects can be related to marketing programs, product relabeling, and promotional packaging.
- HS diploma.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Ability to lift packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Good skills in operating material handling equipment – forklift, pallet jack, etc.
Job ID: 19-00973
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.