We are searching for an experienced Mortgage Processor.
Responsible for the collection, validation, analysis and review of all the data and documentation for a residential mortgage application.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for reviewing mortgage loan application data for completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for staying current on all communicated compliance information and following guidelines to issue compliant documents.
- Responsible for verifying all income, funds, and credit information to complete the underwriting checklist.
- Responsible for validating data entry in the mortgage system and resubmitting the loan to automated underwriting.
- Communicates with loan originator or member to request any missing or required documentation.
- Responsible for ordering appraisal, flood certification, and title work according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for updating the mortgage system to record documentation that is requested and received and following up to ensure the requests are completed.
- Responsible for submitting the completed loan file to underwriting for final decision.
- Responsible for communication with the member, Originator and the Realtor regarding the processing status of the loan.
- Responsible for monitoring pipeline and following up all needed documentation.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary for the continued growth and advancement of the Credit Union.
• Ability to communicate effectively in person, over the telephone and through written correspondence.
• Ability to analyze mortgage application documents according to investor and TCU guidelines.
• Thorough knowledge of FNMA guidelines and procedures and residential mortgage lending.
• Computer literacy, data processing knowledge (Windows environment). Data entry skills required
• Responsible for the accurate presentation and analysis of residential mortgage applications within targeted time frames and current lending guidelines.
• Responsible for meeting service commitments for approving and closing mortgage loans.
• Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon with Supervisor.
• Accountable for understanding and applying government laws and regulations and TCU policies and procedures relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US PATRIOT ACT and OFAC.
15.5000 - 19.3700
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
Bank Secrecy Act
Office Of Foreign Assets Controls