GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to SMTS Tapeout Engineering.
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Software Engineer to work in the Pre and Post Fab organization. You will be responsible for defining, designing, and developing core software solutions and applications that will be utilized by the Tapeout Operations team to generate mask data. The successful candidate will work with 100% quality, minimal cycle time, and data security in mind. This role requires a close working relationship with the engineers that use these tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip manufacturing. Strong Computer Science fundamentals are required to function in a demanding position with a breadth of responsibilities.
Essential Responsibilities include\:
- Work through all stages of the software development life-cycle from requirements, development, test, and release using Agile methodologies
- Create and modify software components that are part of the Tapeout infrastructure
- Work with stakeholders on user stories identification, requirements definition and prioritization
- Perform unit testing and integration in collaboration with other software engineers
- Define architecture, design, and propose solutions
- Maintain application documentation and revision control
- Contribute to multiple projects, collaborating with other team members on design and test strategies
- Work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring strong team skills with product owners, programmers, engineers, managers, and production employees
- Ability to drive projects, and be able to provide guidance to other developers
- Able to own areas affecting the rest of the organization towards a solution that considers the end-to-end implementation
- Must have the ability to develop critical functionalities consistently and in a timely manner
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent with minimum 10 years of professional experience
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., Or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a) (3),"
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a SECRET level U.S. Government security clearance and cannot possess dual citizenship
- Experience in Software development with C/C++, Java, and/or Python
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Strong Object-oriented design, architecture, and programming
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Good attitude and interpersonal skills, tactful and works well in a team environment
- Willingness and ability to work with global team
- Strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English – written & verbal
- Experience in Semiconductor domain
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Agile Certification
- Experience as a Product Owner
- Experience with leading an engineering team
- Experience with Low-Code Development (LCD) platforms
- Experience in Web Application Framework and SQL Databases will be an added advantage
- Experience with Jira (Atlassian collaboration tool)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to SMTS Tapeout Engineering and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Java (Programming Language)
- C (Programming Language)