To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Farmington, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Refund Processor - Proheatlh - Farmington, CT
UnitedHealth Group • Farmington, CT
Posted 1 month ago
All of us have a short list of the things that make a job great. If your list includes being able to make a difference, count us in as your next place to work. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 leader in health care at a time when health care is evolving for everyone. Our billing teams are part of an important chain of events that impact the lives of our members in positive ways. Join this group and we'll have an impact on you. Apply now and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
A Refund Processor supports ProHealth Physicians by issuing refund & processing take back requests to insurance carriers or patients.
- Manually processes insurance & patient refunds and insurance take back requests on accounts appearing in the Central Billing Office Practice Management system
- Completes training courses as identified by Project Team and other CBO Supervisors
- Understands how to use and navigate in AllscriptsPM and TouchWorks BackOffice
- Supports the CBO by accurately performing and completing job requirements
- Has the knowledge and understanding of CPT/ICD-10 codes &modifiers
- Has an understanding of EOBs and insurance billing or related experience
- Has knowledge of payer policies and fee schedules
- Adheres to all policies & procedures set forth by CBO
- Welcomes additional projects as instructed without disrupting existing workflow
- Attends corresponding unit meetings as instructed
- Strives for an overall accuracy rate of 100% to complete assigned work and responsibilities
- Respects all colleagues and management and has positive interpersonal skills
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in processing medical refunds?
- Ability to type 45+ WPM?
- Ability to operate a 10 - key calculator?
- Create, edit, send, and save in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
Taking care of business at UnitedHealth Group translates to more meaning and impact as you help improve the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state's residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Refund Processor, Proheatlh, Farmington, CT, Connecticut