One of Chicago's premier multi-family general contractors is looking for a senior superintendent that knows how to lead in the field.
Our client is an established Chicago general contractor that focuses in the multi-family and mixed use space. They produce $130M worth of ground-up work annually, and have become a respected name throughout the development community. In addition to a great reputation with clients and owners, they take great care in supporting their employees and creating a positive and productive work culture.
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents required to properly plan construction sequencing, staffing and subcontractor coordination.
- Coordinate with Preconstruction Services during the preparation of estimates, buyout regarding methods, systems, schedule and general conditions.
- Delegate and monitor team members with various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
- Create and execute project preplanning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
- Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Supervise and train employees.
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices and culture on the project.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program.
- GROUND UP MULTI-FAMILY CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 10+ years experience in residential construction
- Leadership experience, excellent communication skills, highly organized, motivator, ability to prioritize, strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to evaluate staff strengths and weaknesses and provide training to enhance personnel, disciplined and organized thinker,
- Excellent teaching and mentoring skills
- Strong mathematical and computer aptitude is also necessary.
- Experience working on a diverse portfolio of projects
- Competitive salaries, car allowance and bonus potential
- Strong reputation in the Midwest
- Clear communication, great work environment
- Employee-centric environment
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1383507
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.