To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
525 Tiller Street
Logan, WV 25601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ResCare • Logan, WV
Posted 18 days ago
Title: Registered Nurse
Job Category: Nursing/Skilled
Line of Business: Residential Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Registered Nurse.
About this Line of Business
We cover thousands of homes across the country, with a comprehensive range of programs and services, including host home and foster care. ResCare partners with people in the community who open their homes to individuals with disabilities and assists families by providing adoption and foster care services. With almost four decades of experience in the IDD services field, our aim is to be the provider-of-choice in the development of unique and proprietary service offerings and technologies - working toward innovative care models and leading health outcomes with states and payers.
As a(n) Registered Nurse you will:
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing care and treatment for clients that are experiencing significant mental health/psychiatric symptoms, who are demonstrating significant functional impairments, and who may have co-occurring substance abuse and/or personality disorder.
- Attends and actively participates in weekly team meetings
- Provides rehabilitation and coordinates medical needs for clients
- Medication Monitoring and Administration by oral medication or needle injections
- Medication training for staff
- Orders, reviews, monitors, and discontinues medications as ordered by the physician
- Assists with keeping within assigned nursing budget
- Conducts assessments
- Approves plan of care and service delivery methods
- Performs competency and skills evaluations on employees who provide direct care
- Informs the physician and staff of changes in the client's medical or mental condition and needs
- Coordinates psychiatric information with the psychiatric rehabilitation practitioners
- Writes progress notes, summaries, and discharges
- Group and Individual Counseling
- Case Management
- Implements the treatment/rehabilitative activities and strategies
- Crisis Prevention
- Reports significant/major incidents or accidents
- Provides and arranges necessary medical services to ensure consumer health and safety
- Follows consumer health plans
- Provides and promotes consumer choice and facilitate independence
- Assists with ensuring compliance with contractual, legal, and regulatory requirement
- Performs other duties designed to improve employee effectiveness as a member of the team
- Promotes/encourages community integration and choice making
- Conducts self in professional and ethical manner
- Willing to assist others
- Works independently and with a team
- Handles information in a confidential manner
- Communicates in an open and honest manner
- Notifies proper authorities of circumstances or situations that present possible health hazards
- Assists in maintaining and updating nursing, pharmacy, infection control, and health and safety policies and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must be 21 years of age
- Holds a bachelor's degree in nursing or related health and human services field from an accredited college or university with at least 2,000 hours of experience with adult persons who have a serious psychiatric disability
- OR holds an RN from an accredited two-year program and has more than 6,000 hours of experience with adult persons who have a serious psychiatric disability
- Valid driver's license and insurance required
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Experience in managing systems, processes, and people
- Operate general office equipment
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Capable of working responsibly with high confidential information
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
525 TILLER ST STE A , LOGAN, WV 25601-3438 USA