STERIS is a leading provider of infection prevention and procedural products and services, focused primarily on the critical markets of healthcare, pharmaceutical and research and medical devices. Our mission is to help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe. We have 12,000 employees worldwide, with over 3,000 in Customer-facing sales and service roles. Founded as Innovative Medical Technologies in Ohio in 1985, the company was renamed STERIS in 1987. Many of the businesses that have been acquired and integrated into STERIS have much longer operating histories, notably the American Sterilizer Company founded in 1894. The STERIS Vision is inspired by our Customers' efforts to create a healthier and safer world, and guided by our legacy of leadership and innovation; we strive to be a Great Company. To STERIS, this means we will make a difference by providing world-class product and service solutions for our Customers, safe and rewarding work for our People, and superior returns for our Shareholders.
Curious what we do?
Here's a quick video to give you an idea of the day to day life of a Technician.
You DO NOT have to have surgical device repair experience to be considered for this position
Individuals with experience working in HVAC repair, general/residential maintenance and installation, jewelry or watch repair, automotive, plumbing, or electrical repair, etc often have transferable skills into this position.
The primary role of the Repair Technician is to perform repairs on surgical devices and medical instruments. Technicians will be trained to become familiar with various types of surgical devices and instruments and understand how to best maintain and repair them. Repairs are completed at company repair center. All repairs completed to the highest quality standards and in a timely manner.
* Identifies surgical devices and instruments by various types, uses and functionality. Inspects devices and instruments to determine what type of repair and/or adjustment is required.
* Disassembles malfunctioning medical devices and instruments or equipment, troubleshoots and uses standardized testing procedures, examines and tests mechanisms for defects.
* Replaces or repairs defective parts; may require modification or manufacturing replacement components. Reassembles medical devices and instruments or equipment and tests assembly for conformance to specifications.
* Inspects devices and instruments and tests equipment periodically and adjusts calibration to ensure functioning within specified standards.
* Abides by all Company Safety and Health policies and procedures. Must use personal protective equipment if required.
* Determines correct spare parts required to complete repairs. If the parts required are controlled by inventory numbers, the technician is responsible for performing all necessary inventory transactions to ensure inventory accuracy.
* Performs repairs on surgical devices and instruments. In certain situations, technicians may specialize in particular repair categories.
* Exercises mechanical skills for precision, alignment, sharpening and repair of surgical devices and instruments.
* Completes all necessary paperwork (i.e., logging devices, and instruments and completed repairs).
* Improves results for assigned area to increase revenue, profit, personal development, and asset readiness.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Work experience of 1-2 years.
* Individuals with experience working as a Craftsman/Woman in detailed repair work such as metal/jewelry or polishing, watch making/repairs often have transferrable skills to this position.
* Good hand/eye coordination (manual dexterity).
* Basic organizational and troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated attention to detail.
* Willingness to listen and learn.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Willing to work overtime and weekends, flexible shifts as required, and assist in other areas of repair centers as needed.
* Ability to effectively communicate with peers and management.
* Mechanical aptitude required.
* Basic PC skills including knowledge of MicroSoft Suite.
* Understanding of and willingness to adhere to basic company expectations (Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, and Professionalism).
Replace Damaged Component
Perform Undercar Repair
Change Automotive Technology