7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, 'Summit Award' from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, 'Consumer Choice Award' from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
Responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations using sonography. The sonographer is also responsible for assisting the Radiologist with invasive procedures in the acute care setting. Assist departmental supervision with daily operations of department.
Minimum Education: None
Minimum Years of Experience: 2 Years of Experience as an Ultrasound Technologist
Substitutable Education & Experience (Optional): None
Required Certifications/Licensure: BLS certification or certification within 3 months of employment; Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialty(ies) as appropriate; Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS).
Required Training: None
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment and comfort measures while performing Ultrasound examinations for the following patient population:
- Infant (Birth to 1 year)
- Child (1 year through 12 years)
- Adolescent (13 years through 17 years)
- Adult (18 years to 65 years)
- Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Lead duties to include:
- Maintains proficient and safe workflow within the department by:
- Ensuring patients are attended to in a timely basis and informed of any delays
- In-patient exams are properly coordinated with transport as well as other departments to minimize time away from patient room
- Reviews upcoming schedule to ensure that proper resources are available at the time of the exam (i.e., protocols, personnel, contrast agents).
- Reviews both EMR and PACs on a daily basis to ensure all exams are properly completed. Informs supervisor of any discrepancies so that the appropriate action/corrections can be obtained.
- Maintains daily Technologist assignments including lunch breaks and reports any issues to supervisor.
- Monitors departmental supplies and notifies supervisor when replenishment orders are necessary. In the absence of the department supervisor, works directly with Central Supply and places appropriate orders in ePurchase in accordance with guidelines set by departmental supervisor.
- Reports all departmental issues to supervisor in a timely manner as well as communicates to staff departmental initiatives and information as directed by supervisor.
- Reviews all “Holiday, and Vacation” schedules with supervisor prior to them taking effect.
- Monitors all departmental equipment.
- Notifies supervisor immediately when any equipment is not functioning within manufacturer specifications. Maintains a high level of communication with supervisor as to the status of all repairs/equipment maintenance. Maintains appropriate service log books.
- Places appropriate service call (i.e., Biomed, Siemens, MedRad).
- Works with service engineers to schedule repairs/PMs in a timely manner.
- Maintains/monitors ACR QC log and reports outliers and other issues to supervisor.
- In the absence of the department supervisor:
- Is responsible for Occurrence reporting follow-up.
- Attends all Customer Service and related meetings.
- Handles all customer service issues and reports back to supervisor and/or departmental Directors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates appropriate communication of information to all ages and responds to all customers/ patients requests and needs. Provides or obtains appropriate assistance to non- English speaking patients.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety and well-being of all patients in the sonographic area/department.
- Performs sonographic examinations as ordered by the attending physician following department protocols.
- Coordinates with other staff to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and health care team, assuring appropriate patient care is provided.
- Addresses problems of patient care as they arise and makes decisions to appropriately resolve the problems.
- Demonstrates compliance to behaviors outlined in LMC's Service Expectations and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to integrate diagnostic sonograms, laboratory results, patient history and medical records, and adapt sonographic examination as necessary to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each examination performed.
- Demonstrates ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations.
- Abides by all LMC and Department policies and procedures.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area and reports equipment failures to the appropriate supervisor or staff member.
- Maintains adequate supplies/ resources needed for patient care in the most cost effective manner.
- Participates in the maintenance of department ACR accreditation.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee’s desires and abilities and the hospital’s needs.
- Emergency Handling
- Product Quality Assurance
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Health Care