We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The primary responsibility of the CSS will be the attainment of annual sales & gross profit plan within their assigned region. The CSS will partner with the CSM to develop winning strategies and coordinate tactical action plans in their daily activities. The CSS’s primary role will be executing a call out strategy, to drive results, develop relationships, own select key accounts and build loyalty to ATD commercial brands and segments. The CSS will provide support to all region sales roles for commercial business development.
Make outbound sales calls to commercial account locations to grow sales
- Support Region sales through regular cadence of calls to select commercial accounts.
- Own primary relationships with key commercial accounts as identified by the Director of Commercial Strategy
- Identify commercial sales growth opportunities groups 22,30,31,35, 38, 40 & 51.
- Educate locations about commercial programs and monitor and provide program compliance updates
Prospect and identify leads for new customers Maintain thorough knowledge of new and existing products, policies, and merchandising information to efficiently serve customers Research, prioritize, and plan sales calls in CRM for sales growth and business development Monitor customer retention and collaborate with CSM to address high-risk customers Conduct complex issue resolution for customers
- Communicate customer issues and feedback to appropriate ATD colleagues, for swift issue resolution.
Maintain knowledge of competitors' pricing, policies and market strategy to effectively deal with business competition Champion corporate image and reputation by providing customers with suitable promotional activities as directed
- Maintain relevant knowledge of Commercial Products (Groups 22,30,31,35,38,40,51)
Key Partners (Positions):
- Director of Commercial Strategy
- Commercial Sales Team (CSM, CBDM, CSPM)
- Market Sales Team (OAM & IAM)
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
Education: Minimum High School Graduate or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred
Experience: 3-5 year’s prior work/sales experience in outside sales with Commercial Products businesses is required
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable
- Think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions
- Act Collaboratively: Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, technology and practices of the Company including but not limited to:
- Company required training and the application of the concepts and philosophies.
ATD Value Proposition – the ability to develop a practical knowledge of the Value Proposition and proficient in communicating the features and benefits to the customer.
Contact Management – proficiency in use of the tool and the ability to monitor sales call as recorded by the sales personnel in the Region.
- Ability to create business solutions to customer needs that directly impact the customer’s bottom line.
- Thorough understanding of ATD’s sales process
- Embrace change, self-starter, energetic, excellent presentation skills
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Functional knowledge of the use of a personal computer and/or laptop.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: as required by the specific position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R13582