Volt specializes in placing top notch accounting and finance professionals with top tier companies throughout the country. Our client has an immediate need for an Accounting Director. You will have direct responsibility over the review of monthly financial statements and partner with business unit leaders daily. You will also serve as a key point of contact for operational accounting and related activities and have direct responsibility with preparing internal/external financial statementsResponsibilities include:
- Hands-on review of monthly financial statements, internal control systems and accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage and review the month-end closing, financial reporting process and analytical review of monthly and quarterly activity
- Manage a team that performs quarterly and annual financial and operational reporting
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled monthly and quarterly as appropriate while maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Implement internal management reporting including and interface with external parties
- Communicate with department line managers to gain full understanding monthly variances
- Investigate significant changes in monthly/quarterly/annual fluctuations and budget to actuals
- Participate in strategic projects to improve profitability and efficiency of the company
- Provide analytical tools and reports to support decision making
- Possesses a strong understanding of GAAP and the ability to apply the concepts to specific situations
- Works in a collaborative manner with team members
- Recommends process improvements and automation
- Exhibits excellent speaking and writing skills
- Uses creative approach to challenges and is solutions-oriented
- Possesses strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and a demanding, time-sensitive workload
- “Hands-on” style and detail-oriented approach to document preparation and/or review
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills. Able to analyze, evaluate and move quickly to support rapid decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Collaborative communications style.
- Uncompromising personal integrity, as well as a high level of respect for all individuals
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting, CPA is required.
- 10-years plus of total experience
- Experience in public accounting (national or large local CPA firms)
- Experienced with SOX based control requirements
- Strong process and analytical skills with proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Possess proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Collaborative Communications