To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fresno, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Inventory Control Specialist (Fresno, CA)
Scholastic • Fresno, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that give more than 35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of a Branch Inventory Coordinator help our associates manage the inventory needed to provide kids with the books they want to read. This full time position offers medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, and a 401k.
Qualified candidates will have experience with Warehouse Management Systems, inventory process and shipping and receiving. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing all inventory control activities within assigned branch
- Develop mastery of Warehouse Management System (WMS) and operate as the Branch Subject Matter Expert
- Execute and/or oversee timely shipments of branch transfers
- Proactively and independently identify potential inventory shortages and communicate to Branch Manager
- Support regionally prescribed methods for fulfilling backordered titles
- Ensure Physical Inventory activity is executed according to documented processes
- Ensure inventory is utilized as directed for Warehouse Sale Events
- Must have a High school diploma or (GED) equivalent
- Prefer 2-years inventory experience with a distribution company, in an inventory related position, with developed specialized skills through job-related training
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong problem solving skills and detail orientation, with a high level of accuracy
- Must be able to completes work with a limited degree of supervision
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on an unassisted basis, repetitively
- Previous experience/certification of power equipment operation preferred. Certification on all company equipment required
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced distribution center environment
- Proficiency in computer spreadsheets (Excel) and word processing (Word) required
- Familiarity with computerized Inventory location systems is preferred
- Working knowledge of inventory scanner systems is preferred
Occasional travel may be required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination. To view the full EOE policy, click here.