This is a specialist level, where technicians are assigned responsibilities for performing highly skilled mechanical work in the repair and maintenance of coaches/ buses. Responsibilities may include trouble-shooting repair needs which are difficult to identify; independently completing major repair projects, or directing projects requiring a team effort, including supervision of others in the completion of some work.
- Work independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Diagnose and repair Electrical. HVAC, suspension, Pneumatic and Brake Systems
- Provide training, assistance, and mentoring of fellow coworkers
- Respect and care for the customer and their equipment
- Develop personal professional and technical skills on an ongoing basis
- Act as a worthy representative of Prevost at all times
- Foster teamwork and improved communications between sectors at all times
- Respect the rules and guidelines of the company
- Demonstrate leadership through application of Prevost's RED CARPET POLICY
- Uphold and promote corporate core values
- Comply with the quality and safety standards of the organization.
- Provide customer service while upholding the level of performance and quality and quality of the motor coach to ensure repeat business and continued loyalty of our customers.
- Diagnose and repair customer equipment
- Complete documentation thoroughly and timely according to company requirements
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment on a continuous basis
- Verify the materials and equipment used in compliance with ISO guidelines
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Pass required aptitude test
- Advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities
- Go to type person in areas of expertise
- Ability to look up parts efficiently and independently
- Assist customers over the phone with technical issues and/ or questions
- Fill in for team leader as needed
- Be proficient in electronic media and laptop use
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or Equivalent or graduation from a certified Technical school.
- Maintain all requirements for technician.
- 4 years of qualified mechanical experience substituting one year of related technical training for a year of experience.
- Proactively acquire and expand knowledge of the latest technology and systems in the industry
- Possess comprehensive set of tools requires to perform function of a technician
- Ability to read and write
- Comply with DOT physical standards
- EPA certifications for the safe handling of refrigerant
- Standing long periods of time
- Exposure to local weather variances
- Lifting heavy objects
Coaching And Mentoring
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 98183BR
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.