Radian Settlement Services is excited to announce that we are currently hiring a remote Manager of Closing Services. This position is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of Closing Services operations. The Manager of Closing Services assists the Vice President ensuring the direction, management and performance of the Closing Services team in production and knowledge of procedures and systems. They must be a hands-on manager with a working knowledge of all aspects of daily operations. Including being responsible for controlling costs to ensure maximum profitability and that budget goals are met. Ensures that the team is thoroughly trained in the Closing services processes and handles escalated and difficult orders.
We have embraced the work from home scenario, this is a nationwide position and can sit anywhere across the US.
Radian Settlement Services is one of the nation’s fastest growing national title companies backed by the brand power of the most trusted names in the financial services industry. We’ve built our culture and company around commitment to quality, unshakeable integrity and dedicated employees! Building on a longstanding culture of innovation, we’ve grown into a full-service mortgage and real estate services powerhouse. Our culture encourages participation, diversity of thought, innovation, and strong execution. In addition to our competitive salary, employee stock option plan and flexible benefit program we’ll shower you with additional perks!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to day management of Closing Services operations setting daily/weekly goals for the team to ensure the proper handling of all closing/consummation functions with and understanding of compliance and risk related issues as required by regulatory authorities.
- Continuously monitor daily volume (WIP) to ensure orders are distributed properly among team members to operate the team at maximum efficiency to meet budgetary goals. Makes staff level recommendations to the Vice President to address with Leadership and HR.
- Once the title closing order is received verify all items pre and post closing including clear to close, payoffs, taxes, HOA's, insurance premiums, loan amounts, sales price, earnest funds, insurance remittance and commissions in order to prepare/review settlement statement and closing disclosures..
- Reviews daily reports to ensure closing disclosure fee accuracy and loan docs are being received, reviewed and sent to client in an orderly and timely manner both pre and post close consistent with client/borrower expectations.
- Manages and approves team lead and closing services timecards, work and PTO requests and adjusts as needed for anticipated order volume.
- Conduct team meetings to communicate new processes, improvements, and training as needed.
- Review new and current employee training and performance and counsel/reward as appropriate.
- Perform any additional tasks as assigned.
- College degree with industry experience is preferred. Minimum requirements of a high school diploma with at least three years industry or related business experience. Experience within the real estate industry and/or vendor management service company preferred. ALTA best practices experience preferred. Experience with closing instructions and closing documents including HUD, CD, Seller CD and ALTA settlement statement. Must possess proven management experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word); Knowledge of client-based systems; Attention to detail; Motivated and positive team player; Leadership skills; Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills; Ability to problem solve in a growing, expanding business; Ability to multi-task in fast-pace environment.
- Manages 0-3 direct report and team of 3-20 staff.
Prior Work Experience
- Technical: 3 - 5 years
- Supervisory: 1 - 3 years
Education and Credentials
- Required: HS Diploma/GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Other Certifications: Preferred Associates Degree over High School Diploma/GED; Licensed Title Agent Preferred or obtained within 6 months of hire or promotion.
Why Work With Us:
Our Company Makes an Impact. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like, being included on Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index, being honored as a Tech 100 by HousingWire, pledging to PwC’s CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion commitment, and receiving the Spirit Award from the MBA’s Open Door’s Foundation.
Rest and Relaxation. Generous time off starting day one, 9 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday in support of our I&D culture.
Health Benefits. Multiple medical plan choices, including HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
Prepare for your Future. 401(k) with a top of market company match (did we mention the company match is immediately vested?!)
Paid Parental Leave. An opportunity for all new parents to embrace this exciting change.
Employee Assistance and Discount Programs. From helping you navigate the healthcare system, to providing resources and assistance to parents and caregivers of children with development disabilities, to scoring discounts with thousands of retailers.
Pet Insurance. To help protect our furry family members.
Radian is helping to ensure the American dream of homeownership in even bigger and better ways with industry-leading mortgage insurance and a comprehensive suite of mortgage, risk, real estate, and title services.
We are powered by technology, informed by data and driven to deliver new levels of service and innovation to our customers across the residential mortgage and real estate spectrum.
Learn more about Radian at Radian.com.
At this time, Radian is unable to sponsor applicants who require work visas.
Radian complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Details
To learn more about Radian’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and workplace conduct, please click [here]. Radian participates in E-Verify [Link] (en español [Link]). Learn more about your rights under immigration laws [Link] (en español [Link]).
Whether you require an accommodation for the job application or interview process, Radian is dedicated to a barrier-free employment process and encourages a diverse workforce. If you have questions about the accommodation process, please e-mail email@example.com.
Training And Development
Attention To Detail