Fluid Quip Technologies
Fluid Quip Technologies® (Fluid Quip) provides custom technologies and engineering services to the biofuel and biochemical industries worldwide. Fluid Quip has commercialized multiple technologies to enhance the base corn-to-ethanol dry grind process, create new and novel alternative feed products, and supply the growing need for carbohydrate feedstocks into the biochemical market. Green Plains Inc., Ospraie Management, and funds and accounts managed by BlackRock hold a majority interest in Fluid Quip.
Summary: This is an entry level position that is part of a larger team that provides process engineering and design support. The Designer will use software to convert designs into technical drawings.
- Provide piping design support to the process piping team
- Model piping systems for process instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) utilizing AutoCAD Plant 3d
- Read Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) and equipment layouts and understand their relationship to develop proper P&ID’s
- Coordinate design activities with the design and engineering team
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or trade school degree in the design and engineering field preferred (or relevant experience)
- Design background is preferred, specifically in the development of P&ID’s
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team, at times with remote locations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintain excellent attention to detail, possess organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to resolve problems by determining next logical steps or creating a solution where one does not already exist
- Contribute to a culture of excellence and continue to build on interdisciplinary collaboration and team comradery
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.
Attention To Detail