Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
The Compliance Registered Nurse – Home Health is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the company, among all departments, and all external stakeholders. The Compliance Registered Nurse – Home Health functions as an extension of the regional clinical team to provide routine and non-routine compliance reviews. S/he assists the Regional Executive of Clinical Operations and agencies to recognize areas of improvement. S/he flexes schedule to meet company needs. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
- Performs routine and non-routine compliance reviews of medical records.
- Completes routine compliance chart reviews as requested every month.
- Completes non-routine compliance reviews as requested.
- Tracks and records findings.
- Communicates findings with the Compliance Officer, Clinical Vice President, Regional Executive of Clinical Operations, Program Executive Director, and Director of Clinical Services.
- Provides education in verbal and written form regarding findings of the compliance reviews.
- Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
- Promotes a positive working relationship between agency and corporate personnel.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, educational programs and community events, as requested.
- Promotes home health philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Registered Nurse with a current nursing license. Minimum five years nursing practice and three years Home Health experience required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong written and verbal communications.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with strong excel skills
Possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be of high integrity including maintenance of confidential information, such as all personnel and patient records. Must be able to travel occasionally.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Registered Nurse License. A valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Other Skills and Abilities
Good communication skills. Understanding and acceptance of home health philosophy. Ability to flex schedule when needed. Ability to read, write and speak English.