To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- BOWLING GREEN, NY 10004
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Policy Senior Manager
Kforce Finance and Accounting • BOWLING GREEN, NY
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:A Kforce client in New York, New York (NY) is seeking an Accounting Policy Senior Manager. If you have 5 to 8 years national public audit or advisory experience or combo with a passion for financial services & technical accounting this could be the role for you! Responsibilities:
- Monitor emerging accounting and regulatory capital issues through interacting with various industry groups, liaising with certain standard setters and regulatory bodies, and discussing with internal stakeholders
- Assist the business units and corporate functions in assessing the impact of evolving standards to the firm's businesses and coordinate the implementation of new standards
- Interact with business units and corporate functions related to new transactions to advise on accounting and regulatory capital issues
- Apply U.S. GAAP and regulatory capital standards to transactions and document accounting and regulatory capital analyses and conclusions
- Develop accounting and regulatory capital policies and periodically update policies as new guidance is issued
- Participate in development of training on technical topics and presentation to the global Finance Division
- Review the Firms SEC 10-Q/10-K report prior to filing
- 5 - 8 years of Big 4 public accounting with audit or advisory with financial services clients
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting (or equivalent) and CPA license
- Regulatory capital experience is a plus, but not required
- Effective interpersonal communication and confidence interacting with senior management across and outside of the Finance Division
- Ability to work effectively individually, escalate as necessary, and collaborate in a team environment
- Proactive and able to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint