Facility: KINGMAN CORRECTIONAL & REHABILITATION FACILITY
Pay: $21.60 hr.
Bonus (if applicable):
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you a Maintenance Technician looking for a challenging environment that values your ideas and provides opportunities for career growth? If you love your profession, have strong leadership skills, and believe everyone deserves a second chance, we have the job for you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our growing team.
Join a Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be a maintenance specialist who leverages their technical knowledge and skills within a diverse team of driven professionals. Your tasks will include to:
- Operate equipment and machinery for preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
- Survey assigned jobs and ensure that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand.
- Direct and inspect the work of detainee maintenance staff, providing technical assistance.
- Perform carpentry to repair or replace doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing, etc.
- Carry out repairs for plumbing, heating, and air conditioning, including furnaces, ductwork, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, washbasins, and toilet facilities.
- Perform electrical work, such as repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures and control switches, as well as disconnecting wiring.
- Execute minor construction work, such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand and power tools.
- Complete mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors, and vehicles.
- Assist in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
The selected candidate is comfortable in a structured work environment, has excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and cares about others. Apply if you have the following:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years general maintenance and/or related construction trade.
- Valid, active driver's license.
- Must have knowledge of equipment necessary for making proper repairs.
- Able to perform general plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and electrical repairs;
- Effectively communicate with residents and staff; react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
Frequently: lift, carry, push or pull up to 60 lbs. or more; bend, stoop, work with machinery, climb, walk, stand, work in extreme temperatures.
Occasionally: reach above shoulder level, drive automatic equipment vehicles, sit.