Smithfield, VirginiaFor over 100 years, at Riverside Health System, we have made it our mission to care for others as we would care for those we love.Overview
Works under the supervision of the Dining Services Supervisor/Manager, and under the general supervision the Department Director. Responsibilities include staying knowledgeable with current menus and exceeding service expectations for residents, guests and visitors. Adhering to policies and procedures for RHS, this facility and city and state regulatory requirements. Complete all duties assigned by supervisors. Maintain a working knowledge of the dietary restrictions and preferences of the clientele we serve. Show respect to all customers, vendors and coworkers within the facility. Maintain positive attitude and be in facility approved uniform at all times.What you will do
- Adheres to Proper sanitation of Dining and Service Areas according to procedure and Health Codes.
- Demonstrates knowledge and communication skills required to interact with sales representatives to coordinate supplies/services necessary for service delivery and patient care. This includes interfacing with other departments to ensure proper procurement, follow-up and delivery of supplies.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service by empowering the team to reach meal/production accuracy and service excellence.
- Knowledgeable and compliant of daily side work duties, as assigned.
- Exhibits knowledge of menu details and resident accounting procedures.
- Adheres to Proper Personal Hygiene and Uniform standard procedures.
- Adheres to all quality controls as it pertains to Dining Services. Follows Policies and Procedures. Exhibits safe food handling to include glove use, hair restraints, labeling, dating, temperature monitoring and food rotation to eliminate the risk of food borne illness.
- Understands and is sensitive to the needs of our senior and other special needs populations throughout the campus and community.
- Serves Food and Beverages in a timely manner and to customer preferences according to standard procedures outlined in the Dining Services Training Manual.
- Utilizes time management appropriately to complete assigned duties. Is punctual and prepared to work all scheduled shifts.
- , High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications
- 1-3 years Customer service in a hospitality environment (Preferred)
- Food Handlers Card (FH) - State Food Safety (Preferred)
#ZA #ZRAs a Riverside Health System team member, our benefits have you covered: Health & Wellness:
Peace of Mind:
- Medical Plan Options
- Vision and Dental plans (including orthodontic care)
- Wellness & fitness center discounts
- Onsite pharmacy and delivery options
- Riverside Health System services discount
- Flexible spending and savings accounts
- Healthy lifestyle incentives
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Whole Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- CEUs (MedBridge Education)
- 403(b) Savings Plan (Immediate Matching)
- Specialty Certification Financial Assistance
- Company Wide Bonus Program
- Employee Help Fund
- Paid Time Off (full- and part-time team members)
- Extended illness bank
- Care.com membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Area retail discounts
- Community involvement opportunities
- Customer Service
- Diseases And Disorders
- Food Safety
- Health Care
- Positive Attitude