ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN)/ Team Leader.
JOB SUMMARY: Medically Enhanced Supportive Housing is an advocacy & housing service for adults with a serious mental illness and chronic/serious medical diagnoses.
The Registered Nurse, Team Leader is responsible for the coordination of health services, conducting &/or supervising nursing assessments & plans of care. Will collaborate with Psychiatrist & all Team members to develop Rehabilitation/Recovery Plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible for the monitoring for efficient & effective services as assigned by the Director of Nursing and Program Director.
- Responsible for ensuring MESH staff understands the goals of the program and that all are working toward consumer recovery and independence.
- Oversee the implementation of Individual Rehabilitation Plans by direct care staff with input from the treatment team members. Their signatures on the Plans indicate agreement of treatment team.
- Coordinate with other community services that work with the MESH consumers, such as community hospitals, entitlement agencies, community medical providers, and other mental health providers.
- Consult and coordinate with Program Director & direct services staff re: admissions, transfers & discharges from State Psychiatric Hospitals. Responsible for ensuring all regulations are followed in these processes.
- Conduct quarterly nursing assessments & develops plans of care for all consumers in the Program. Assign duties/interventions to the LPN staff in accordance with the assessments, approved plan of care.
- In collaboration with RN team leader assign duties to the LPN's & CNA's to assist consumers with these appointments and follow-up care.
- In collaboration with the Housing Support Specialist, the psychiatrist & the consumer, the RN will actively participate in the Rehabilitation/Recovery Plan and assist with activities, which enable consumers to reach their goals.
- Responsible for training, implementation and oversight of all MESH medication policies and procedures.
- Audits MESH nursing team member documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Other duties as assigned by Director/ Director of Nursing
NJ RN Licensure, BLS Certification, Two (2) years in a supervisory position preferred, 1 year supervisory experience required. A valid New Jersey Driver’s license and the ability to travel independently to a consumer’s residence, work site and/or hospital setting required.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified