Sinclair Broadcast Group and SK Telecom are seeking an experienced leader for the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a Joint Venture between Sinclair & SK Telecom. The CEO will work closely with the Board of Directors and serve as a managing director of corporate operations & act as the link between Sinclair and SK Telecom.
Who are you?
- Innovative and strategic
- Inspired by technology
- Motivated to make an impact
- A natural leader & visionary
- Well-versed in broadcast technology
- Knowledgeable of broadcast related history & pertinent present-day station operations
This CEO opportunity can best be understood as leading a telecommunication industry ‘startup’, bringing together two large and valuable players. The intent is to leverage the strengths of both companies and create ‘converged’ broadcast / broadband solutions providing new business opportunities enabled by technology enhancements and developments.
As CEO you will lead a team of technologists, engineers, and developers responsible for system-level architectural and technology development, system engineering, testing and integration of various technical aspects of the Joint Venture’s initiatives. The development will include, and require knowledge of, subject areas such as RAN, LAN, SDN, NFV and opensource network centric functions related to 4G/5G, cell infrastructure, core functionality, and transport networks and applications.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Leadership, planning, and executive management of the following groups:
- Business development
- Product Development
- Project Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Execute and deliver a strategic plan for EBITDA goals
- Serve as a key contributor of the team that sets the company's strategic direction
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for all departments
- Responsible for a staff of global employees. Experience in managing diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities
- Develop and drive financial goals of the company
More about the Joint Venture between Sinclair Broadcast Group & SK Telecom’s Joint Venture:
- Minimum of ten years executive and operational experience in telecommunications or technology industry, preferably with global experience
- Previous corporate management experience
- Proven track record of effective multi-disciplined technical team management & results-driven leadership
- Experienced executive management in a 24X7 operational environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational, analytical, and mathematical skills
- Working knowledge of telecom and/or broadcast station operations and related technologies
- Bilingual: Korean & English (preferred, not required)
The Joint Venture will develop innovative broadcasting solutions based on ATSC 3.0, the next-generation broadcast transmission standard, with the aim to commercialize the solutions for the U.S. market. The commercialization of the joint venture’s developed solutions will give rise to new services such as personalized advertisement and in-vehicle terrestrial TV broadcasting and map updates. This joint venture will explore and commercialize solutions that optimize the economic value of broadcast spectrum, broadcast infrastructure, programming ventures and emerging OTT platforms. These assets will ideally be brought together in a converged broadcast / broadband platform environment.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Standard Accounting Practices