This role is not yet funded
The New Campus West (NCW) was established to provide infrastructure services for a new data center facility. The ITEMS DCS A&A Team delivers secure networked solutions in order to protect mission essential information within the NCW.
General Dynamics Information Systems (GDIT) is seeking a Security Engineer to provide expert technical services on all aspects of Information Security. Responsible for writing information security policy drafts, writing and reviewing Memorandum of Agreements and coordinating and managing all aspects of the Certification and Accreditation. Advise and assess system design/architecture as well as defining, designing and evaluating information security systems. Manage multi-agency information sharing and integration security. Maintain affiliations with high-level personnel at multiple agencies and organizations involved in Information Security. Tasking includes incident response, system access approval, audit log review, Configuration Control Board and daily consultations/consulting on a wide variety of security issues. Report, document and investigate all security related incidents; assist with development and implementation of corrective measures.
Candidate must have knowledge of and experience with ICD 503 and be familiar with Cloud Infrastructure/AWS-based solutions.
Candidate must possess IAM II certification to start in accordance with DOD 8570.1M. This position is defined as in 8570.1M chapter 4, pg 35. Candidate is required to understand how our customer's RMF process work and how systems security requirements will be met.
Candidate will work with all IT groups to build IT systems with security planned from the start. Work with developers, system engineers, project managers, and users to identify the level of protection systems will need. Understand and be able to identify what group or process will satisfy security requirement.
- Act as the representative of the Information System Security Manager ensuring compliance with IS security procedures.
- Support efforts to operate, maintain, and dispose of information system materials in accordance with security directives, policies and practices and as annotated in Systems Security Plans.
- Generate and implementation of requisite security training ensuring user security awareness of responsibilities prior to system access.
- Initiate protective and corrective measures when incident or vulnerabilities are discovered.
- Ensure IA hardware and software complies with security configuration guides.
- Implement and enforce IA policies and procedures as defined by A&A documentation.
- Ensure users are aware of their IA responsibilities.
- The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Perform Operations & Sustainment (O&S) functions for the NCE network security infrastructure (firewalls, web gateways, mail gateways, ids, load balancers, performance monitoring tools, mgt systems, etc)
- Perform maintenance and/or advanced configuration of equipment in order to protect the network from emerging cyber threats
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure/AWS-based technology
- Experience using security tools such as ACAS, HBSS, Carbon Black, Tanium, RedSeal, and EMET
- Conduct forensic traffic/log analysis to isolate issues or respond to analyst alerts
- Respond to escalated troubleshooting requests
- Maintain and administer network infrastructure standards, documentation and fault tolerance
- Present Monitoring/Test Results and Reports as required
- Perform/support integration testing as required
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Ability to review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct a technical decomposition categorization, remediation, and lien resolution
- Execute remediation process to implement technical solutions to address vulnerability findings via ACAS security scan.
- Experience installing, hardening, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies.
- Experience and scripting ability on Unix and/or RHEL OS
- Experienced with complex Microsoft macros, and PowerShell scripts
- Basic understanding of Windows Enterprise AD architecture and VMWare Virtualization
- Must be proficient in network routing/vlan technology
8 + years of related experience in data security administration.
Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- CISSP certification or equivalent (CAP, GSLC, CISM)
- System administration experience
- Network engineering experience
- System design and development experience
Defines, plans, designs, and evaluates information security systems. Assesses architecture and current hardware limitations, defines and designs system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Performs a variety of complex tasks associated with information security ranging from the design of security components to complex architectures. Supervise the work of other engineers performing a variety of information security tasks.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.