Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment in the ever-changing healthcare field, you have come to the right place. We are looking for an out-of-the-box thinker that can quickly learn the healthcare software we produce and the tools in which we use to document user’s guides, as well as other client-focused documents.
Optum is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies and the only organization in our industry with the information, technology, and consulting expertise to solve the most significant challenges in health and human services.
The writers/editors on staff are involved in the everyday deadlines associated with the health care regulatory cycle. This means that being able to meet challenges quickly and accurately is a must. You must be willing to constantly learn new software and be open to learning healthcare regulatory information. You will be encouraged to ask questions, develop better solutions, and help make the documentation more efficient. We are a very client-centric company and the documentation team members regularly interact (directly/indirectly) with clients for their feedback.
Our writers/editors write and research their own content. You must be able to troubleshoot, research, learn, adapt, and think independently. You must also be an effective team player and be able to accept multiple revisions and criticism.
This position will utilize DITA/XML in the Adobe® FrameMaker Structured Platform and will be tasked with training the rest of the documentation team to utilize this platform. Currently, the writers on staff utilize the Adobe® FrameMaker Unstructured Platform.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Maintain user manuals and online help systems for a large and active product suite (approx. 460 product releases yearly)
- Create new user manuals for new products, from scratch
- Assist training of new hires
- Work directly with developers and business analysts
- Work directly with product management to communicate product information
- Research and be able to effectively document regulatory software updates
- Be able to research independently, without direction, as well as alongside team members
- Respond to documentation-related questions/concerns from clients/client care
- Be deadline driven and able to change course at a moment’s notice
- Be willing to adapt to new technologies and processes in a small amount of time
- Successfully communicate with many different departments within Optum
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (English or Computer Science majors preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years holding the title of Technical Writer or similar position
- Experience writing and understanding technical information and transforming it into something palatable for all audiences
- Experience using XML Authoring functions in the Adobe® FrameMaker Structured Platform
- Experience using Microsoft® Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience using Adobe® Acrobat (or similar tool for creating PDFs)
- Experience editing screenshots
- Software documentation experience (e.g., user’s guides, release notes, etc.):
- Willing to provide writing samples (at least 2)
- Experience working directly with developers
- Familiarity with software development life cycle and SCRUM
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Adobe FrameMaker Publishing Server
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Rally Dev (or similar SCRUM tool)
- Lots of systems
- Detail orientated
- Be able to successfully work on a team and as an individual
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.