To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clackamas County, OR 97045
- American Residential Services
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Accounting Clerk
ARS/Rescue Rooter • Clackamas County, OR
Posted 6 days ago
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support our service center accounting team. This is an outstanding opportunity for an energetic professional who is not afraid to roll their sleeves up and be an individual contributor while also managing an accounting team in a fast- paced environment.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provides accounting and clerical support to the accounting department for effective handling of financial records and operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Performs collection activities, investigates outstanding invoices and processes liens for collections when necessary.
- Researches and monitors accounts receivables and collection activities to ensure that information is processed accurately and timely.
- Communicates with customers, vendors and departmental personnel via telephone, email and written correspondence to answer inquiries, provide information, and resolve discrepancies.
- Obtain credit approvals and provides support to technicians in coordinating residential financing.
- Ensures proper authorization and confirm invoice amounts are properly allocated.
- Generates and reviews weekly aging reports and distributes to departmental personnel.
- Keeps accounting staff informed of area activities or significant problems.
- May perform basic accounts payable and accounts receivable duties.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- HS diploma, or GED equivalent, and 3-5 years' experience in Collections is required. Related experience and/or advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and practices is required. College-level courses in accounting are desirable.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Process technical and professional competency, demonstrated by work that is timely, accurate, organized, and clearly articulated with attention to detail.
- Basic proficiency with desktop computers and software applications. Intermediate level skill using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
ARS-Rescue Rooter is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/EOE/M/F/V/D. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ARS-Rescue Rooter may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.