The Customer Technology Marketing (CTM) Sr. Manager contributes to the end-to-end planning, creating, and managing of new and existing customer technology applications. He/She works on multiple concurrent projects and develops customer research, application concepts, enhancements, and launch strategies. This position supervises Marketing Analysts.
The CTM Sr. Manager develops long-term strategies to align customer technology marketing initiatives with UPS’s strategic imperatives. He/She promotes vendor marketing plans to effectively communicate the value proposition to internal and external stakeholders. This position interprets implications of customer research to build business cases for new customer technology products or enhancements and develop action plans. The CTM Sr. Manager maintains subject matter expertise in customer technology applications, vendor offerings, and marketplace activity to provide accurate and useful information to internal stakeholders and to identify trends and opportunities. He/She examines customer business processes to identify customer issues and opportunities for process improvement.
- Collaborates with external stakeholders, and Customer Communications to develop key messages to support product launches, enhancements, and to foster customer and/or third-party vendor awareness and adoption of UPS products and services.
- Distributes reports to stakeholders (including Investor Relations and Board of Directors), outlining projected and actual performance and corresponding action plans.
- Gathers data from external (e.g., Forrester, Web Trends, etc.) sources for use in forecasting and tracking solution performance.
- Visits customers and/or third parties to gather firsthand data on customer needs, issues, and product usage patterns.
- Manages execution of customer research with other internal groups (e.g., Business Development) to gain insight on customer needs and generate ideas for new concepts.
- Communicates research findings to both internal and external stakeholders to foster awareness, facilitate the development of action plans, and gain support for campaigns and initiatives.
- Gathers customer and/or third-party data from internal sources (e.g., Business Development [BD], GBS, brainstorming sessions) for use in market research projects.
- Develops prototypes or "mock-ups" to test the usability of planned application development.
- Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge: Identifies key information sources, assesses information quality, and understands and communicates limitations; relates and compares information from different sources; manages large amounts of data and appropriately applies data reduction and exploratory analysis techniques; makes logical assumptions; challenges own findings and documents process and outcomes; audits own analyses and determines their validity.
- Applies Problem Definition & Structuring Knowledge: Uses hypothesis driven investigation to solve problems; identifies relationships and patterns among data from various sources; tests for causality and identifies root causes of problems or trends.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company.
- Develops New Product/Customer Technology: Identifies and vets new concepts considering customer needs and the commercial viability of ideas; thoroughly documents features, specifications, and benefits associated with all new customer facing technology or service introductions in the value elements library.
- Develops Situational Assessments: Establishes and maintains a comprehensive marketplace assessment of customers, competitors, and other relevant market factors; gains new and unique customer insights through data modeling, marketing research, frontline personnel interviews and direct customer engagement; establishes learning objectives and plans to fill gaps in knowledge; analyzes issues for root causes and opportunities to prioritize key issues; evaluates, from a customer’s perspective, the experience of engaging with UPS across all touch-points in order to identify improvement opportunities; demonstrates understanding of and monitors the performance of customer sub-segments across the conversion, penetration, retention, and win back cycle.
- Finance Knowledge: Accurately reads and interprets financial reports and statements; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
- Market Research
- Business Development
- Mock Ups
- Investor Relations
- Marketing Research