CHAMPION® IS AUTHENTIC ATHLETIC APPAREL. Founded in Rochester, New York back in 1919, the Champion brand has outfitted athletes for generations. From USA Olympic teams to everyday athletes Champion has remained a leader in sports apparel forging the industry as we know it. We are searching for retail store managers who share our passion for sport and fundamental belief that everyone has the potential to be a Champion.
It's about leaving everything you have on the field... be it in sport or in life. Being a Champion is a state of mind, an attitude that our store managers must embrace and deliver every single day. Here are just a few things that describe the leaders we want on our team.
- TRUSTWORTHY: You don't buy trust. It's not gained overnight. Trust takes time, commitment, and consistency. We must earn it and re-earn it every day.
- INCLUSIVE: We believe that all are welcome-on the field and in life. Our field has no fences. Our clubhouse has no membership fees.
- PASSIONATE: Passion is the driving force of greatness. It's doing what you do, simply for the love of it, day in, day out. Passion is the fuel of every champion.
- CONFIDENT: Before you can believe in anything else, you need to believe in yourself. We celebrate who we are and you should too.
- COMPETITIVE: We believe in playing to win. Every day, every challenge we see as an opportunity to take ourselves to a higher place.
What we are trying to say is…It takes a little more to make a Champion. Do you have what it takes? Are you ready to join the team entrusted with bringing Champion's ultimate brand experience to life for consumers around the globe? Apply now and be at the forefront of representing Champion's iconic athletic wear heritage while helping to shape its exciting future.
Under the direction of a Retail Operations lead, manage a branded retail business that generates superior retail returns as the ultimate brand expression vehicle for Champion Athleticwear. Supervise the store team to achieve sales objectives, leading store team in all store activities, maintaining store policy and procedures, and assuming responsibility for the operations and merchandising functions of the store.
- Manage all day-to-day store operations to achieve targeted sales and profitability
- Drive traffic and sales through successful retail marketing and active community engagement
- Genuinely understand, communicate and promote the culture, heritage, values and mission of Champion and its iconic product stories to customers and staff
- Increase positive brand perception and credibility within the local community
- Recruit, interview, and hire individuals that live Champion's core values and are dedicated to providing best in class customer service
- Provide ongoing training and development for all team members
- Collaborate and maintain close relationships with cross-functional corporate office teams (Merchandising, Development, Branding, Operations and Marketing) to ensure brand alignment and maximize reach of community and social media efforts
- Develop and manage client and community relationships
- Voice and act upon customer feedback and insights to create a best in class customer, product and brand experience
- Manage all staff schedules, payroll matters and store budgetary expenses
- Continuously improve day to day operations to exceed financial and customer satisfaction targets
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High school Diploma/GED. College degree preferred
- Ability to lead and be a part of a successful sales team through storytelling and engaging with consumers
- A passion and understanding of sports-inspired lifestyle apparel and accessories
- 3-5 years prior management experience in apparel retail and/or community management with major retail brand
- Highly motivated with proven success in motivating and developing a team
- Excited to be part of the Champion team and willing to work hard while having fun
- Managerial experience in visual merchandising, operations and financial performance
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - a natural connector
- Strong decision making skills and ability to plan and execute strategies
- Experience planning and executing successful local marketing events and initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and retail business systems
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Clear understanding of retail metrics including key performance indicators necessary to drive sales (Traffic, Conversion, Units Per Transaction, Average Unit Retail)
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Email: Email blocked - click to apply
Training And Development