To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norfolk, NE 68701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operational Excellence (OPEX) Manager
Cardinal Health • Norfolk, NE
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
What Operational Excellence contribute to Cardinal Health
- Operational Excellence is responsible for driving change by focusing on customers, employees, and processes resulting in a culture of excellence. Operational Excellence leaders identify and execute against performance improvement opportunities across the enterprise using contemporary process improvement tools.
- Demonstrates experience in applying contemporary improvement techniques and producing results for a function and/or business unit.
- Assesses current business performance against Cardinal Health's business strategy for a specific site and/or function.
- Works with multiple teams of business practitioners to synthesize findings, develop improvement recommendations and lead execution of initiatives.
- Collaborates with customers and suppliers on improvement projects.
- Leads Kaizen and Black Belt projects.
- Possesses or is enrolled as a Lean Leader and/or Black Belt.
- Mentors and trains Kaizen Leaders and Green Belts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business Management, or a related field required
- A minimum of 5 years experience in engineering and/or a manufacturing environment required
- A maximum of 7-10 years experience in engineering and/or a manufacturing environment preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of Six Sigma/Lean tools usage and project management application experience in a continuous improvement setting required
- A total of 5-7 years of Six Sigma/Lean tools usage and project management application experience in a continuous improvement setting preferred
Certified as a Lean Leader or equivalent and as a Six Sigma Green Belt (preferably black) desired
Proven practical experience with Six Sigma and/or Lean tools (i.e., DOE, MSA, SPC, VSM, level loading, SMED, etc.) required
Strong analytical and statistical problem-solving abilities required
Ability to support multiple projects, balance priorities and meet deadlines required
Ability to generate cost/benefit analysis such as Return on Investment (ROI) required
Experience working with cross-functional teams required
Strong facilitation skills required
Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
Ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision required
Skilled in MS Office and statistical software, such as Minitab, required
What expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels; may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for identifying and executing against performance improvement opportunities, enabling successful transformations across the plant, and using process improvement techniques while building people capabilities.
The role is responsible for executing the strategic goals for operational excellence within the plant including the selection and development of resources, managing the project pipeline, and ensuring ongoing communication about progress against goals.
The position will provide technical support to manufacturing equipment and processes by interacting with production and maintenance personnel to identify, diagnose, and correct process problems. The position will lead capital projects for process improvements, capacity expansions, cost reductions, safety, and quality. The position will drive plant continuous improvement initiatives.
This position will focus on Six Sigma and/or Lean process improvement projects, typically in support of a value stream or focus factory. Ensure that continuous improvement and associated best practices are pursued, taught, modeled and championed as an integral part of the manufacturing and business environment.
- Work with leadership team to identify opportunities for process improvement and cost savings.
- Assist in managing the site’s cost reduction programs. Coordinate the cost reduction strategy aligning with budget and the continuous improvement calendar in order to achieve commitments.
- Work across functional areas to develop effective solutions aligned with company and business unit/department objectives.
- Manage and monitor project or program schedules and progress to ensure expected results are delivered on time and to budget. Maintain, adjust and communicate updates to project plans as needed.
- Through the application of Lean concepts, lead Kaizen events and key Six Sigma and/or Lean projects of varying size and scope to identify opportunities to increase efficiency, reduce costs and maximize asset utilization.
- Support other Operational Excellence projects and Kaizen events as required.
- Lead and assist in delivering Lean and Six Sigma training.
- Teach, mentor and lead cross functional teams through Lean Six-Sigma concepts, CI methodology, Kaizen events and process improvements to drive key KPIs in cost, delivery, quality and safety of the site
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and consult with business partners to develop solutions for improved efficiencies.
- Coordinate lean implementation team meetings and ensure team cohesiveness.
- Utilize Value Stream Mapping as a planning tool to prioritize and select the continuous improvement activities.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing tools in order to obtain a more robust and predictable product flow. Train and coordinate manufacturing on the same.
- Analyze the entire supply chain in order to reduce non-value added activity.
- Evaluate candidates and coordinate training for Black and Green Belt certification. Provide support to green and black belts candidates to achieve certification.
- Generate Engineering documentation to support validations and Engineering changes as ECO's, CN's, MN's, CDP's, CR's, DA's, etc.
- Perform manufacturing validations to support areas assigned executing IQ's, OQ's, ANOVA's, DOE's, Screening's, PQ's and ETR's.
- Promote, execute and deploy company defined Operating System (OS).
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.