Eaton’s Fluid Filtration division is currently seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Williamsport, MD facility.
The Accounting Supervisor serves as a business partner to the Williamsport, MD manufacturing facility by providing finance functional leadership in support of profitably meeting site goals and objectives. Primary responsibility of the role encompasses end-to-end management of the Williamsport site’s financial performance including (but not limited to): administering internal controls, annual profit planning, forecasting, reporting, and analyzing business drivers, risks, and operational metrics. This role also supports the Filtration Division in various aspects such as credit account management, burden rate calculation and reconciliation reviews. The position reports to the Williamsport Plant Manager, is a member of the plant leadership team, and also supports the Filtration Division finance team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and coordinate plant profit plan, monthly forecasts, goals and objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for plant management and the Filtration Division, including variance analysis and cost control reporting and recommendations.
- Provide advice and council to site leadership to support profitable decision making by completing and communicating financial implications of operating strategies, cost control and other operational actions and decisions.
- Manage, analyze, and evaluate financial data and ensure accuracy, consistency, and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports prepared by the plant.
- Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with GAAP, corporate and local statutory requirements.
- Develop and implement budgeting and financial reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to plant, and region/division management.
- Own account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of plant general ledger and its supporting sub-systems. Assist with reconciliation reviews of Filtration NAFTA ledgers.
- Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Provide leadership to ensure all applicable cost accounting processes and controls are in-place and maintained, including (but not limited to) standard cost updates, physical inventory verification, cycle counting and other ensure compliance with corporate financial and SOX.
- Monitor and report purchase commitments and spending for all capital programs. Conduct follow-up audits to ensure compliance for all significant capital investments.
- Manage and develop one direct report in the finance function
- Manage the deployment of cost saving and other programs to provide operating economies and improve profitability. Monitor and provide opportunities to support continuous improvement of plant productivity and efficiency
- Support other operations initiatives including EBE, MESH, ELSS and other BPI efforts.
- Support HQ and NAFTA ledgers with journal entry and reconciliation approvals
- Manage a portion of the IPD credit accounts, ensure on time collection of funds and assist with credit worthiness analysis
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business and/or Finance from accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in accounting and/or finance
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Williamsport, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s Degree
- CPA, CMA and/or CFA
Position Success Criteria:
- Planning, analysis, forecasting and reporting experience
- Analytical thinking skills intellectual rigor and curiosity problem-solving capability
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
- Acts as a business partner sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change
- Leadership and sense of urgency ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment
- Ability to develop and motivate people
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Financial Statements
- Analysis Of Variance
- Internal Controls