Applicants for this position must have excellent verbal/written communication skills, basic computer skills, and a clean driving record. This position requires an understanding of the facility's treatment program and philosophy, and this individual must have an understanding of alcoholism, drug abuse and dual diagnosis. This position may be responsible for providing services to residents during the evening and night hours and must thrive in a team environment!
- Monitor patient health and administer basic care utilizing the nursing process in assessing, planning and carrying out care plan objectives and goals.
- Provide for the basic comfort of patient, implement nursing interventions identified in the plan of care that is individualized to their needs.
- Apply appropriate interventions to progress the patient towards wellness and address maintenance of wellness.
- Discuss the care provided with patient and listen to their concerns. Report status changes and concerns to registered nurses and doctors.
- Keep records on patient health.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patient, visitors, coworkers and others involved in the patient's treatment in an effective manner.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note, document medication administration and reflect accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Maintain standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with facility policy and procedures, other external governing and credentialing bodies, performance improvement standards and psychiatric nursing standards.
- Provide for the safe delivery of medication in accordance with policies and procedures, physicians orders and/or current practice.
- Responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient symptoms, responses and progress.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Prefer one year of nursing experience within clinical area of service provided by facility.
Current LPN/LVN license as required by state.
Our Holistic Approach
Our holistic approach focuses on restoring and improving upon the mind, body and spirit of our adolescents & adults that attend this program. The first part of this specific approach includes guiding our residents away from continual substance abuse through detox, proper diet and exercise, and participation in experiential and recreational activities. We offer Yoga, Acupuncture, and Meditation tools. As their bodies begin to sober up, they are able to establish a clearer state of mind, which allows them to better connect to the Recovery Support Network options and additional therapeutic mediums. As their participation in these modalities becomes more frequent, our residents are encouraged to establish a spiritual connection with their recovery, either through their own personal faith or the natural environment they are entrenched in. By offering this holistic approach, our clientele can begin healing their bodies, minds and spirits as they look to obtain long-term sobriety by creating a healthier and happier lifestyle.
*Employment is contingent upon successful DOJ clearance and completion of your background screening, including a pre-employment drug test - we are a drug free facility.
The Camp Recovery Center & Acadia Healthcare
The Camp Recovery Center has been treating adults and adolescents for drug addiction for over 30 years, and has built a nationally recognized reputation in medical and therapeutic communities. Our compassionate and caring treatment programs provide the newest advances in addiction treatment, all while residing in a truly peaceful setting located in the Santa Cruz redwoods. We are committed to providing the best care available for those suffering from the disease of addiction.
URL blocked - click to apply
As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to develop your skills within our fast paced and growing program. There are many internal opportunities for advancement both at Camp Recovery Center and our parent company, Acadia Healthcare.
URL blocked - click to apply
Acadia is a provider of inpatient behavioral healthcare services. Acadia operates a network of 225 behavioral healthcare facilities with approximately 9,190 beds in 37 states, the United Kingdom and Puerto Rico. Acadia provides psychiatric and chemical dependency services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, residential treatment centers, outpatient clinics and therapeutic school-based programs
We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of chemical dependency treatment to adolescents and adults, embracing the values of integrity, responsibility, respect, accountability, and excellence into the care we provide,. Whether you are battling an addiction to alcohol, heroin, meth, or pain medications, you can rest assured that the staff at The Camp will do everything in our power to not only help you heal, but to help you regain the confidence needed to lead a life of lasting sobriety.We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of chemical dependency treatment to adolescents and adults, embracing the values of integrity, responsibility, respect, accountability, and excellence into the care we provide.
• Acadia Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
• Acadia Healthcare offers an attractive compensation and benefits package for eligible classifications including competitive salaries, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, LTD and STD.
• Employment is contingent upon successful clearance and completion of your background screening.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Psychiatric And Mental Health Nursing