To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Clara, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Front-end Software Architect
NEC Corporation of America • Santa Clara, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Location: Santa Clara, CA
NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies, Inc. (“NECECT”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation. The company develops and supports a wide range of solutions, including Unified Communications, Software-defined networking, Video Analytics and IoT.
Ultimately responsible for the quality of all the software design for new software projects. This position will work closely with data architects, team leads and senior engineers in proposing and establishing guidelines surrounding software development. Will produce the framework required for software engineers to build upon in terms of design documentation, development standards and unit testing. The software architect must continually provide the necessary oversight as the organization inherits existing applications and converts them into new software initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
25% Establish and enforce architectural and design standards for enterprise-wide software.
20% Guide developers using proper software design and programming methodologies.
15% Prepare functional specifications and detailed design documents directly from use cases and other business requirements documentation.
15% Prepare and validate engineer’s unit test cases before they are promoted to QA.
15% Propose new solutions to management in continually attempting to streamline the software development lifecycle utilizing new tools, technologies, etc.
10% Enforce that all software projects are following a streamlined process (inception to production).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead and work with an existing strong team of UI developers through demonstration of technical acumen
- Participate as a technical expert in design and development of system management applications as part of the UI platform
- Maintain the architecture and maintain its alignment with the overall technology roadmap
- Guide and Enhance UI coding standards, development guidelines and delivery practices for speed and efficiency
- Lead/contribute in architecture, design & code reviews for members
- Guide and help develop team members
- Define, suggest and implement proof-of-concepts for improving the UI based on new technologies
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- 8+ years of hands-on professional experience as a software developer with a greater focus on UI and front-end architecture.
- A deep knowledge of modern web frameworks and web architecture best practices and patterns.
- Experience developing web services and REST based APIs
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Experience working in an Agile environment with teams spread across multiple GEOs
- Experience developing highly available, performant distributed applications
- Strong experience with Node.JS and related technologies
- Experience in developing distributed applications using micro services
- Good knowledge of Linux systems
- Knowledge on OpenShift or Cloud Foundry will be preferred
- Experience with any one of Apache Tomcat, Gunicorn, Nginx web servers is required; Nginx is preferred
- Experience defining a starter kit/development environment and encouraging consistency in the UI development process
- Experience with using and extending CSS frameworks and preprocessor technologies E.g. LESS, SCSS
- Secure UI development best practices, e.g OWASP
- Experience with build script and CI/CD and GIT, Jenkins or similar
- Knowledge of MongoDB, Elastic search db, and any other NoSql database
- Knowledge of UI automation using BDD framework is a plus
- Knowledge of object storage systems and/or AWS/S3 is a plu
Education: BS Degree or higher gegree in a related field.
Experience: At least eight years in software development utilizing object-oriented methodologies and languages; At least 4 years functioning in a software architect or lead software design role; At least 4 years using .NET; Extensive experience documenting processes
Certifications, Licenses, etc:
Specialized Knowledge and Skills -
Language Skills: Verbal and written English communication skills are essential.
Mathematical Skills: Skilled in math applications. Requires strong analytical skills and creativity.
Reasoning Skills: Detail oriented. Problem solving. Multiple network technology interfaces.
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
Work Environment and Physical Demands -
General Work Environment: May include standard Office, or Virtual Office environment.
Noise: Standard Office environment, moderate noise.
Standing/Lifting: Regularly required to sit and occasionally to stand. Minimal lifting, maybe 25 lbs.
Visual: Telephone and computer focus, so close-up vision is a must.
Stress: Some stress, depending on number of regular vs. expedite projects.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any:
This position typically will have no reporting subordinates, but requires significant leadership abilities as team leader and technical lead and team member of a large important development team due to the interfaces with customers and internal team members.
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities